Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is 2011 Vsserv.exe Probs

Options

Running XP SP3, 2GB RAM etc

BD IS 2011 gave probs recently consistently getting services not responding (grey systray icon) and the X's on the activity bar, first on net zone followed by File Zone.

This happened every time using the PC.

Re-installed BD2011 IS, now having the dreaded vsserv.exe memory/CPU hogging issue upon every cold boot and warm reboot. The PC now takes about 5-10 minutes to fully boot properly, at which point the memory used by vsserv.exe suddenly drops to acceptable levels, and the PC seems to be operating OK, except some systray icons do not appear. I then simply log off (not reboot) and log back on, and presto, XP starts up almost instantly, with all my systray icons appearing.

I realise that the systray icons issue is an XP based thing, but the vsserv.exe issue is definately a BD problem.

Anyone have any solutions, workarounds etc, apart from the famous 'disable automatic updates' etc etc.

Thanx in advance.

Mick

Comments

• Hi Mick,

How you have made the uninstall of BitDefender ? Have you used the uninstall tool we provide at:

htpp://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.