Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Not Wake To Scan With Windows 7 64 Bit

Options

While BD provides scheduled events, it also required the computer to be awake and the user logged in. If not meeting those requirements the scheduled task will execute when you wake and log into your account. Very disruptive! (So much for scheduling events.)

System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with BD Total.

First: What don't I know that could make the system wake on schedule and scan?

Second, if no direct solution is available: I am happy writing my own scheduled task. Does anyone know the command line prompts for the default deep, full, and quick scan?

Comments

• No. From the Scanning Tips section of the User's Guide, "...make sure your computer is not in sleep mode when the task is scheduled to run."

Regards,

• Alright, then it is possible to creat a task that will wake the system and run a command or program with its optional parameters. So does anyone know what the command line and parameters would be for deep, full, and quick scans? By the way, this is a problem because I do not want the system to try to back-up while there is a scan running because it is unclear what the result might be. So, a scheduled back-up that wakes the computer will also activate a late scan if scheduled. Also, what is the point of a scheduled scan if it can not be scheduled?

• The last time I saw this subject discussed was in regards to the BD 2010 products, in this old topic. The information may still apply since the bdc.exe (Command Prompt Console) program is still in the 2011 products.

There is also this BD Knowledge Base article 151 that may help. It also discusses the command Prompt Console.

As far as, "what is the point of a scheduled scan if it can not be scheduled?" Scans most certainly CAN be scheduled. I have them scheduled on my systems to run at a time when the system is up, running and I am logged in, but typically not using the system and it is sitting there idle.

Regards,

• Well I have fixed the problem. (Tested with a full scan.) I use the task scheduler to force a wake-up 1 minute before the scan is scheduled. (Schedule a wake-up event and post a message. Since the are no users logged in, the message just disappears into thin air.) Now that the system is awake the scan can run as intended. I always hate doing what a programmer should have done. At any rate, up and running.

• p.s. Gary- Thank you. I did read the article referenced before posting. The comand lines appear to be pre-2011 version.

• Glad you found a resolution. :)

Issue resolved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic if you have the need.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.