Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Running Error?

Options

I just upgraded form 32bit windows y to 64 bit windows 7, it was running fine on 32 bit, now i get this message when i try to open bit defender.

c:/program files/bit defender 2010/bdagent.exe

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

i went to the tool and did the process, and now i have a zip file on my desktop, what do i do next?

Comments

• When you upgraded your OS to 64-bit, did you upgrade to the 64-bit version of BD? It doesn't sound like it from your post. There is nothing to be gained by running "the tool" until we can be sure that you have a correct install of BD.

You will need to uninstall the 32-bit version of BD & install the 64-bit version.

Download the BD uninstall tool from HERE and save it to your PC. Right-click on the uninstall file and select Run As Administrator to uninstall BD. Follow the on screen instructions.

Reboot the PC.

Next, go to THIS TOPIC and find the download link for the corresponding 64-bit version of the BD product you have (you didn't state in your original post if you are using BD Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security, so I couldn't point you directly to the download link) and save it to your PC. Right-click on the BD install file and select Run As Administrator to install BD. Follow the on screen instructions.

Post back with your results.

Regards,