Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renew Licence

Options

Hey. Need some help with my licensing options.

I have a 5PC-2Year Licence with Internet Security and the licenses expire soon. If I renew my Subscription as a 5PC-2Year does it give a new key? Some of the licenses are on friends/relatives PCs, do they get upgraded automatically as well or do I have to enter something on their installations for them to get the new subscription?

If I was to renew to a 3PC or 1PC license does it give a new license key? If I renew before the expiry date, does it add to the current time left or start from the day I enter the new key?

Comments

• George R.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Ross,

Which BitDefender version do you have installed right now? BitDefender 2009/2010 or 2011?

When you renew your BitDefender subscription, a new license key is provided for the latest version - BitDefender 2011. The only issue that can arise in this situation, is that BitDefender 2011 will have to be already installed in order to register with the newly purchased license key.

Problems can appear if one or several machines do not meet the recommended system specifications. If you consider this an issue, we can always transfer the purchased subscription time to your existing license key. This would be the only solution for not intervening personally on each machine with BitDefender installed.

Should you decide to renew early, for the same package and number of users, the previous subscription time will be added automatically when overwriting the previous license key. In any other situation, I am sure that I can offer you a convenient compensation formula.

As for the purchase itself, I would recommend taking advantage of the best offer available, from our online store or authorized resellers. Automated emails with promotional renewal offers are also sent before a payed subscription ends.

I hope I answered all your questions and you can always post or contact me via P.M. if anything remained unanswered.

• Thanks George, that clears up most of the questions for me. Just one more, does the subscription period start from the time you install and register the first PC, i.e. if 1 PC is registered later it still expires 2 years (for a 2 year subscription) after the first PC was registered.

Hello Ross,

Which BitDefender version do you have installed right now? BitDefender 2009/2010 or 2011?

When you renew your BitDefender subscription, a new license key is provided for the latest version - BitDefender 2011. The only issue that can arise in this situation, is that BitDefender 2011 will have to be already installed in order to register with the newly purchased license key.

Problems can appear if one or several machines do not meet the recommended system specifications. If you consider this an issue, we can always transfer the purchased subscription time to your existing license key. This would be the only solution for not intervening personally on each machine with BitDefender installed.

Should you decide to renew early, for the same package and number of users, the previous subscription time will be added automatically when overwriting the previous license key. In any other situation, I am sure that I can offer you a convenient compensation formula.

As for the purchase itself, I would recommend taking advantage of the best offer available, from our online store or authorized resellers. Automated emails with promotional renewal offers are also sent before a payed subscription ends.

I hope I answered all your questions and you can always post or contact me via P.M. if anything remained unanswered.

• George R.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Ross,

The license starts counting down once the license key is first registered. The BitDefender software will show the same subscription time on all PCs.

P.S. Glad to be of help. :)