[resolved] Bitdefender On Home Server

High there

I have bee using Bitdefender Internet Security for some years now, and I am a happy user. :P

I have now installed a Windows Home server and see that I should be able to use Bitdefender Antivirus Free for this. Unfortunately I don´t seem to be able to install it.

Is there a trick? :mellow:

Thanks in adwance

Flemming

Comments

• Hi Flemming,

Please tell me what happens when trying to install ? What exact product are you trying to install ? The BitDefender Antivirus Free can be installed on a PC using Windows Home Server only if you run a patch first, patch file that we provide for free. Provide me with the error message you receive when trying to install and I'll send you the resolution, via email, as soon as I will have your answer.

Kind regards,

• Hi Flemming,

Please tell me what happens when trying to install ? What exact product are you trying to install ? The BitDefender Antivirus Free can be installed on a PC using Windows Home Server only if you run a patch first, patch file that we provide for free. Provide me with the error message you receive when trying to install and I'll send you the resolution, via email, as soon as I will have your answer.

Kind regards,

Hallo DanyDan

Thank you for your reply

I am trying to install Bitdefender Antivirus Free on my HP Mediasmart Server (Home Server) :unsure:

I have not been able to find the patch file for this anywhere. Can you help me out with that and some instructions on how to run the patch.

Thanks again

Flemming

• Hi Flemming,

First of all: the patch have not been tested with the free version of BitDefender. The patch in question only applies for BitDefender 2009 and 2010. I created a ticket and sent you instructions on how to use it. Please send me the installation results via email.

Ticket ID: 201104031003898.

Regards,

• I am also a Windows Home Server user attempting to install BitDefender Free 2009 and getting the error that it is not compatible. Could you please send me instructions for patching it as well? Thank you.

KirkN

Hi Flemming,

First of all: the patch have not been tested with the free version of BitDefender. The patch in question only applies for BitDefender 2009 and 2010. I created a ticket and sent you instructions on how to use it. Please send me the installation results via email.

Ticket ID: 201104031003898.

Regards,

• Hello,

I have sent you the requested patch via email in response to the ticket I've created on your behalf (ID: 201104051010477).

Best regards,

• Hallo DanyDan

Thank you for your reply

I am trying to install Bitdefender Antivirus Free on my HP Mediasmart Server (Home Server) :unsure:

I have not been able to find the patch file for this anywhere. Can you help me out with that and some instructions on how to run the patch.

Thanks again

Flemming

I too am having the same issue when trying to install Bitdefender Free on my home server and would love to be able to get the patch as well. Thanks

• Hello Avalanchenut,

Further to your query, I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent the patch via email along with the instructions on how to use it.

Ticket ID: 201105041008852.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• Hello Avalanchenut,

Further to your query, I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent the patch via email along with the instructions on how to use it.

Ticket ID: 201105041008852.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

I have installed the patch and rebooted. After the reboot I was able to install bit defender free edition. Many thanks for the speedy reply.

Avalanchenut

• Hi,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved Avalanchenut. Feel free to contact us anytime if you need further assistance.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.