Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

When Will These Problems Get Fixed?

Options

Hi guys. i have been a fan of bitdefender products for many years. However, i started to get a bit upset about the recently bugs/ error that bitdefender products caused me.

1st: the search advisor never work for me. i have reported before and provided the data that you guys needed, but the problems still there even though there was many updates have been released.

2nd: the Pchooklaunch32.exe error sometime still show up.

3rd: Vsserv.exe always use 100% of CPU even though no program is open. Many people have reported, but the problem still has not been fixed.

4th: why bitdefender still run in background even though it has been disabled?

5th: why Vsserv.exe still use a lot of RAM and CPU even Bitdefender is disable?

PS: please do not ask me to run the support file/ dump file in bitdefender folder because i no longer have it on my computer. i have remove it. i hope these problems will get fix soon, so i can reinstall it. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

Allow me to answer all your questions, if possible in the same order:

1. Search Advisor -> the issue is already escalated, the tests were done, we are waiting for the fix from the Devel. Team so we can release it via the Update Module;

2. We also are very close in finishing the fix that will resolve the errors with Pchooklaunch32/64.exe; there is a workaround available (the new version of the file Pchooklaunch32/64 that needs to be manually replaced in Windows Safe Mode and having the Product Updates disabled;

3. When is VSSERV taking 100% memory ? Only when BD updates ? Regardless if the PC is idle or not ? I hope you agree with me that can't provide you with an answer on this matter without seeing any logs or performing a remote session;

4. Not sure I understand exactly what you mean but I'll try to explain: when you disable certain modules in BitDefender, the associated processes will still run in background. However, this is only available for the vital processes associated with BitDefender. An example: vsserv is responsible for the protection put on the BD processes, registry entries and Windows services so you can not kill it. The process will not go away, even if you will set the Real Time Protection to Disabled.

Regards,