Can't Install - Bsod

tsteele
edited May 2011 in Installation

Hi,

I am trying to install BD Total Security on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. This is a newly installed OS, as I just replaced my hardware (i5 processor).

I have the 32 bit version installed on some other PCs with no problems, but this machine is getting a BSOD Stop 0x124 error during the initial scan during install. I can't work out why. I have also tried stopping the scan during the install, and letting the install go ahead, which it does....but on restart BD won't start.

I just downloaded the product again after reading this thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=25315), and have taken a sysdump. I'll send a PM to DanyDan.

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• I just came across this thread....so uninstalling ET6 now...it was installed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=23660

• Hello,

Glad to see the installation is now complete. Do you encounter any issues with BitDefender ? The reason why I ask you is because, after analyzing the logs you provided me with, noticed that some of the BitDefender files and drivers are listed as follows:

bdfsfltr
    │├    Type    REG_DWORD    0x00000002 (2)
    │├    Start    REG_DWORD    0x00000003 (3)
    │├    ErrorControl    REG_DWORD    0x00000001 (1)
    │├    Tag    REG_DWORD    0x00000003 (3)
    │├    ImagePath    REG_EXPAND_SZ    system32\DRIVERS\bdfsfltr.sys
    │├    DisplayName    REG_SZ    bdfsfltr
    │├    Group    REG_SZ    FSFilter Anti-Virus
    │├    DependOnService    REG_MULTI_SZ    FltMgr g
    │└    Description    REG_SZ    BdFsFltr File System Minifilter Driver

The driver listed is the one responsible for the Real Time Protection module so, if you encounter any issues, especially with the Antivirus module please let me know and we'll resolve them in no time.

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

• hi Daniel.

Yes I got it installed after removing EasyTune6. Went through fine. So far it's been running without problems.

On the real time protection, I was having issues with this earlier (before I found the problem with ET6). When the pre scan on the install was failing (BSOD), I found I could skip the scan and the install went ahead. But then when Windows restarted, the real time protection would not start.

So from the logs, am I running a 32 bit version ? I downloaded the 64 bit...unless at some stage I had installed the 32 bit ???

Tim

• nikki605
    edited May 2011

You can easily check which architecture was installed by locating the BitDefender program folder with Windows Explorer.

If it is under the C:\Program Files folder, then the 64-bit version is installed.

If the BitDefender program folder is under the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, then the 32-bit version is installed.

Regards,

• Hi Tim,

So the Real time protection is enabled now ? If the issue persist try to repair BitDefender and see if the issue is resolved.

As suspected and mentioned in my previous post, I was expecting the issue to occur as the RTP driver was partially installed due to ET6.

Also, if the issue still exist, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,