Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ts 2011 Trial Version Privacy Rules Disappear On Reboot

Options
stevennlv
edited May 2011 in General module

Like the title says, pretty self-explanitory.

I got infected while using MSE. So after lots of headaches and research I reformatted, did a clean install (Win7x64) and DLed BD TS 2011 Trial version.

I love everything about the program, except this one thing: I have my privacy controls set to "Aggressive" so that I have complete control over what is allowed in to my system. I don't mind dozens and dozens of pop-ups from my AV the FIRST time I go to a web site.

But, since every time I reboot I loose every rule in both the "Cookies" and "Scripts" panels I get all of the pop-ups EVERY time I go to a web site.

This is beyond annoying. As a matter of fact it is a deal breaker. If there is not a permanent fix for this I will not be purchasing your product.

As I understand it the trail version is supposed to be fully functional for 30 days, yes?

I've only had it installed for about 8 hours now! So that shouldn't be the problem.

I've read through the forums and saw that this was an issue with the 2010 version. If you guys can't fix major stuff like this between new versions I don't think I want to give you my money.

Last, but not least: If you say "This is an artifact of the trial version, please give us $80 and it will work like it's supposed to" then I will take your word for it and pay for the full version.

But, if that does not actually fix it then I will dispute the charge with my CC company and never buy another thing from you ever again.

So, here's you're chance to either win a customer for life or blow a sale.

The ball is in your court.

Thanks in advance for getting me fixed up so I can get on with other things!

Comments

• stevennlv
    edited May 2011
    Options

Update, a strange thing just happened:

As I am rebuilding from scratch and testing as I go (and this is windows after all) I had reason to reboot several times yesterday after installing the BD TS 2011 Trial. And I lost my cookie and scripts privacy rules every time.

So I shut my system down for bed last night. Then when I got up and turned it back on I had not lost my privacy rules this time around?

However, for some odd reason my "Auto Login" scan also did not run? And I'm really not sure why because it ran on every reboot yesterday. And is still scheduled to do so. Is this yet another bug in the product?

My excitement for your product is starting to fade.

I REALLY like the auto login scan. I've never seen another AV that does it and it's a ###### good idea. I don't know why all AV's have not implemeneted it!

But, it didn't run this time around? And I still have my privacy rules.

Buggier and buggier guys!

Why didn't my ALS run this time? Will I have to shut it off (and lose that functionality) to keep my privacy rules?

I know it's the weekend and all, but if I haven't heard from the folks at BD in a couple of days I'll just have to reformat again and try somebody else's AV.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

First I would like to thank you for choosing BitDefender as your security solution. If that's OK with you, I would like to look deeper into the issue you encounter. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Last but not least please right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select "About". What Build you do have ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

First I would like to thank you for choosing BitDefender as your security solution. If that's OK with you, I would like to look deeper into the issue you encounter. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Last but not least please right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select "About". What Build you do have ?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. Life interrupted, you know how it is.

My problem has changed a bit. I ran the tool as directed. Here is the text I included in the problem discription box:

"After first installing the BD TS 2011 Trial on a clean and updated install of Win7SP1x64U I rebooted several times for various reasons and every time I lost all of the rules that I had set up in the Privacy Control / Cookies & Scripts control panels. (Note: I have my privacy control set to Aggressive so that I can control everything that is allowed in to my system.) However, a day or two later I quit having this particular problem because for some reason my Auto Log In scan stopped working. I do not understand why though because it is still scheduled to run. So now I am keeping all of my custom privacy rules on reboot, but my ALS is not running as scheduled. Please note, that even though the ALS is no longer running automatically at log on if I manually run the ALS after log on I do not lose my privacy rules."

Then I attempted to uplaod the file as requested and I got this warning from BD:

"BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected."

Soooo,

Great to see BD doing it's job! But, evidently those folks are having issues right now.

So, how can I get the requested zip file to you?

BTW: BD build is 14.0.29.354

• Update:

Progress, sort of?

I had noticed a few days ago that when I installed the BD TS 2011 Trial that it had not turned off the windows firewall even though I had told it to during installation.

But, at that time I missed that it had also not turned off windows defender, even though I had told it to do that too during installation.

I figured this might cause a conflict. So I manually turned off WD then unstalled BD from the start menu / rebooted, then ran the BD stand alone uninstaller / rebooted and then reinstalled BD TS 2011 Trial 14.0.29.354, reconfigured all of my settings and then rebooted again.

This brought back the Auto Log In Scan. (So that problem is solved!)

Unfortunately, now when I reboot (and the ALS runs) the settings to turn on the privacy controlls for cookies, scripts and registry protection are all turned off. (The boxes in the interface are empty / not check marked.)

So there appears to be two problems with this build:

1) The installer does not turn off the windows firewall and defender when told to during installation.

2) The Auto Log In scan turns off the privacy controlls for cookies, scripts and registry protection on execution.

Now that I have made these changes to the system I will re-run the built in analyzation tool tommorow night (bed time now), but I still need a clean place to upload the file to.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

You can upload to any file hosting website, totally at your choice:

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

http://www.rapidshare.com

The list can go on, choose one then send me the PM with the new generated log file.

Regards,

• OK Dan,

At this point I am desperate for help!

I'll be honest, I got completely and totatlly frustarted with your program!

I shut off the ALS, hoping that would fix the problems listed above.

And I thought it did for a minute.

But, then I had a reboot (w/ the ALS disabled) where I lost all of the above mentioned rules even though I had ALS turned off.

So, I got mad and killed all BD entries in my registry (lots of manual reg edits / built in tools / stand alone tools /reboots) and I then installed Norton's total security suite trial.

Nortons has an absolutely ZERO!!!!!!!! (not enough bold faces on the keyboard) to the intution of their interface. (I just don't get their program!!!)

I don't have a degree, but I was crawling the ARPA net with a spider from a trash 80 before you were born!!!! And I can't figure out Norton's interface!!!

So now I'm back to you in desperation!!!

I just need my system to work w/o a lot of BS!!!

I'm going to kill nortons and reinstall the BS TS 2011 Trial, at least I understand your program.

But, I need your help getting it to work right!

I need my computer protected and working properly so that I can !!!USE!!! my computer instead of working ON IT!!!

If you have the time, please respond this weekend; as I need my computer to do some stuff!!!

Thankx!,

Steven.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hi Steven,

You are lucky :) I work this week-end. When you have the time today, send me a PM, we'll arrange a remote session in order to troubleshoot or even resolve the issue you encounter.

Btw, I was born in '78 ;)

Click HERE to send me a PM or simply reply to the one I've sent you few minutes ago.