Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Auto Scan Disable Automatically

Options

Auto Scan option is disable automatically after some time.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Its status also changes whenever I plug in or plug out my Laptop power.

• Hello,

The Autoscan turns off and on on its own or just off and you have to manually enable it again ?

• nikki605
    edited August 2011
    Options

I believe this is normal behavior. I have laptop mode set to ON, on my laptop. If I open BD and watch as I disconnect a/c power, both the Antivirus & Update modules immediately switch to OFF. In the Events log, I see 2 entries: Autoscan disabled followed by Autoscan enabled. When I re-connect a/c power both modules turn back on. This is what laptop mode is supposed to do - minimize BD's impact on power consumption while running on battery.

post-35640-1312634289_thumb.jpg

If I switch laptop mode to OFF and disconnect & re-connect a/c power, those 2 modules do not change state, they stay ON.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Hello,

The Autoscan turns off and on on its own or just off and you have to manually enable it again ?

I had to enable it manually. But this issue was before the release of new build, not now.

I believe this is normal behavior. I have laptop mode set to ON, on my laptop. If I open BD and watch as I disconnect a/c power, both the Antivirus & Update modules immediately switch to OFF. In the Events log, I see 2 entries: Autoscan disabled followed by Autoscan enabled. When I re-connect a/c power both modules turn back on. This is what laptop mode is supposed to do - minimize BD's impact on power consumption while running on battery.

post-35640-1312634289_thumb.jpg

If I switch laptop mode to OFF and disconnect & re-connect a/c power, those 2 modules do not change state, they stay ON.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Indeed you are right, however I already posted here.

• Indeed you are right, however I already posted here.

I read that topic and replied.

Regards,

• We already discuss this on another topic. I will consider this topic as resolved & duplicate therefore it is now closed. For further info on this matter (Auto Scan option is disable automatically after some time), as being discussed in more details on the other topic, keep posting below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27972

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.