Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]about:blank Only In Ie9?

Options

Hello,

Just buyed/install BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2012 on both my PC and my lovely one.

I found a problem right now, both of us are not able to set the "home page", it's always resetting to about:blank. I would like to use about:tabs and my girlfriend www.google.ca.

How can I change that?

Regards,

Comments

• nka
    Options

hum, just a reboot fixed this issue.

Wierd... but working ! :)

• I have experienced the same issue with IE9. From what I can determine, it seems to only happen after I have changed some BD settings, but I am still trying to pin down which settings. Rebooting and fixing the home page in Internet Options will hold until the next time settings in BD are changed again. Let us know if you see the problem come back as I did.

Regards,

• neo9900
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello every one who is having the problem with IE home page going about blank.Just follow the steps below...

1.if your having bitdefender toolbar enabled. On top of the webpage there is going to be a small black bar which is bitdefedner toolbar.

2. Click the toolbar to expand and turn off the toolbar by clcikng the powerbutton symbol on toolbar.

3. Now change the home page to your desired one and save it.

4. Now enable the toolbar again.

Problem solved.You will not face the problem again.

Soultion Tested and worked

Hope got solved.

Enjoy the ultimate security......

:)

• Hello,

Thank you for the information, thanks to you I was able to reproduce the issue and escalated it for resolution.

Nka: please let us know by replying to the email you received from my colleague Delia if the issue resurface. If it does, please post the steps you took or what exactly you've changed as BitDefender Settings for it to occur. I was not able to reproduce the issue having all settings as default (as you just installed the software, without any option changed).

For the time being, I will consider the issue resolved.

Thank you!