Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus & Gameguard

Options

Hello there,

Ever since i downloaded and installed bitdefender antivirus plus, i have not been able to play one of my games. the game uses Gameguard as a hack/protection thingy. i have contacted support with a ticket which helped me to resolve the issue... for a day... the next day, which is today, the same problem arises: Gameguard will refuse to load, and ask me to run a virus scan, and then background programs start to crash with the "cannot reference memory.." error, if i had more applications running i might even get a BSOD.

i really want this issue fixed. i hope someone can help me.

Comments

• Hello,

Not familiar with Gameguard. Is it a stand-alone software ? Or a soft like Punkbuster ? It has an exe file ? Try to add that file as exclusion as explained below and let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Also what is the name of the game you are playing ? Can you post a screenshot of the error message you receive? Thank you!

Follow the steps below to add the EXE file of the software you have issues with as an exception into BitDefender Auto Scan list:

- open BitDefender and click on "Settings";

- go to "Antivirus" tab then to "Exclusions";

- enable them (if applicable) then click on "Excluded files and folders";

- in the new window click on "Add";

- locate the Asus Suite II EXE file and add it as exception for both on-access and on-demand scanning;

- click on "Add" button;

Next please follow the steps below to add the software you have issues with into AVC exclusions list:

Open BitDefender, go to "Settings" -> "Antivirus" tab -> "Exclusions" and click on "Excluded processes". Click on the "Add" button to add the EXE file in question so it won't be scanned/blocked by AVC. Restart the PC again to see if the issue still occur.

Looking forward to your answer!