Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full Scan "eat" My Cpu

Options
mitza97
mitza97
edited August 2011 in Antivirus

Hello.

I make a full scan (BDIS 2012), and the process really "eat" my CPU, which is dual-core 2 x 2,67 Ghz.

Processor stay always at 75-80 % usage during system full scan. Isn't too much CPU consuming ?

Comments

• Hello,

The same problem: cpu sometimes 70-80% and the temperature over 60 degree C. I hope that the problems will be fixed.

Moses

• mitza97
    Options

Sometimes, reach even 90 %. :wacko:

Temperature not monitorized...i hope problem will be fixed soon.

• Hello Mitza,

What other programs you keep open while the scan is running ? What process are you referring to ? With all due respect but can't guess the BitDefender product you are talking about. odscanui.exe ?

Moses: not sure what is the connection between the scanning process and the CPU temperature. I can hardly believe there's a connection between the two.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

I think Moses want to say that Full scan is resource hogging, putting in other words that CPU has to work more than normal during scan and thus CPU temperature increases. The same situation can be replicated while running any other heavy software and monitor the CPU temperature.

@Moses

By the way what software you are using to monitor the CPU temperature?

• I think Moses want to say that Full scan is resource hogging, putting in other words that CPU has to work more than normal during scan and thus CPU temperature increases. The same situation can be replicated while running any other heavy software and monitor the CPU temperature.

@Moses

By the way what software you are using to monitor the CPU temperature?

Hi ONT

The software is speed fan

Regards

• mitza97
    Options
    Hello Mitza,

What other programs you keep open while the scan is running ? What process are you referring to ? With all due respect but can't guess the BitDefender product you are talking about. odscanui.exe ?

Yahoo Messenger had just opened at that time.

• mitza97
    Options

I attach a print-screen to see what is happen.

capturear.th.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

In the latest build, the scanner has been optimized and should be more lighter.

Thank you.