Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Modifies Incoming Files

Options

I've asked support this question, but have no idea how long BD takes to reply.

We provide software to our members which basically downloads scripts into a program from the internet. Our software runs as a plug-in to the actual .exe file. This process fails with bitdefender installed because it appears as though bit defender is intercepting traffic and somehow altering it. We've run some in house tests and with bit defender installed and every option we can find turned off, the files do not successfully download from the internet. They come down modified. We've tired adding exceptions etc etc. No avail. The downloads work again the minute we uninstall bit defender. Kaspersky, Norton, and regular old windows do not cause this issue. Does anyone know off hand how BD might alter incoming HTTP traffic or intercept it and how in the heck do we add an exception to BD not to do this. I was suprised with everything turned off that this was still happening.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello,

I have located your ticket (ID: 201108281008012) and took ownership on it. Please reply to my emails with the requested details so we can start troubleshooting and find a resolution for the issue you encounter.

with bit defender installed and every option we can find turned off, the files do not successfully download from the internet. They come down modified.

- modified in what way ? what is the type (extension) of those files ?

Regards,

• It's probably the same issue as the one previously escalated but still not resolved about the toolbar adding code to every single web page even when the toolbar is disabled.

• It's probably the same issue as the one previously escalated but still not resolved about the toolbar adding code to every single web page even when the toolbar is disabled.

Yes after reading through all those posts, it does appear to be related. Why the actual code is being changed is beyond me, but let's hope there is a fix soon.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We have another topic about this discussion here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27973

Thank you.