Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Action Center Reports Bitdefender Out Of Date

Options
Maaz
edited September 2011 in Antivirus

Hi guys.

I'm on Bitdefender 2012 Antivirus (trial license for now) and am experiencing some problems.

The Internet lag on some pages is the major one but since yesterday my Windows Action Center reports my Spyware and unwanted software protection and virus protection are both out of date.

Pressing the update now button seems to do nothing, does not resolve the issue.

Restarting does not resolve the issue.

Had this warning for couple of days now.

Bitdefender auto update is switched on and the latest updates (multiple per day) are installed every day.

I'm quite sure Bitdefender is up to date, so why is Windows Action Center reporting this problem?

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit running Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 (Trial for now)

Any advice?

Thanks, J

Comments

• As I did not get any response on this topic, I got in touch with your technical support and managed to get rid of the notification.

Weird thing was the only was to fix it was completely remove Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 and reinstall it.

I could not get a clear answer to why I had to reinstall it completely and why my previous installed version did not work correct.

I am finding this 2012 version quite buggy to be honest.

I am still wating for a response from the team regarding the locking of webbrowsers when loading youtube videos.

I also noticed speedtest.net is acting weird when testing download speed, it is almost as if bitdefender blocks the initial request, then fires it up..

Download speed jumps from zero at the start to half the download speed, then the last second it jumps up again to full download speed.

With Bitdefender uninstalled, it gradualy climbs up to max in first 2 secs and then stays there as a constant.

Any idea what's going on there?

I still have about 20 days on the trial, I hope this get's sorted before then, otherwise I think I'll might shop around for a less buggy virusscanner, although I like Bitdefender and would find that a real shame.

• fberardi
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As I did not get any response on this topic, I got in touch with your technical support and managed to get rid of the notification.

Weird thing was the only was to fix it was completely remove Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 and reinstall it.

I could not get a clear answer to why I had to reinstall it completely and why my previous installed version did not work correct.

I am finding this 2012 version quite buggy to be honest.

I am still wating for a response from the team regarding the locking of webbrowsers when loading youtube videos.

I also noticed speedtest.net is acting weird when testing download speed, it is almost as if bitdefender blocks the initial request, then fires it up..

Download speed jumps from zero at the start to half the download speed, then the last second it jumps up again to full download speed.

With Bitdefender uninstalled, it gradualy climbs up to max in first 2 secs and then stays there as a constant.

Any idea what's going on there?

I still have about 20 days on the trial, I hope this get's sorted before then, otherwise I think I'll might shop around for a less buggy virusscanner, although I like Bitdefender and would find that a real shame.

Maaz; I have the REGISTERED version of Bitdefender 2012 and I am getting TIRED of uninstalling and re-installing (many times in the past year). Also, I share BOTH of your symptoms:

1. Windows Action Center reporting Bitdefender out of date

2. Created a post here and NEVER got a response! Wake up Support team!!!

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29381

post-60114-1317083313_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.