Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying Scan Icon For In- Outgoing Email

Options

Have just bought BD2012 and am new customer of only 48 hours. When I try to send new email or reply to incoming email I get this annoying gray and black rectangle in the upper left corner of the email body. Says email is being scanned. In point of fact, nothing whatsoever seems to be happening. The gray/black rectangle just sits there and makes composing an email or a reply difficult. There's got to be a way to get rid of that thing. My email to BD asking their help has apparently been ignored. So, fellow user, any thoughts, tips, suggestions? Thanks in advance! -Dennis

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi Cristi,

I have the same issue with Bit Defender 2012 concerning the black and white dialog box that indicates an outgoing mail is being scanned. As with the other user, it doesn't appear that anything is actually happening.

The problem is that the computer involved is not mine and I'm trying to correct the problem by telephone. The actual user is an elderly friend who is only minimally computer literate. I installed Bit Defender 2009 for him when he got the computer and then upgraded it to Bit Defender 2012 a month or so ago. He lives a long distance away and it will be Thanksgiving holiday before I will be able to physically get in front of the computer. He tried to talk to Bit Defender support on the telephone and they tried to work through the problem, but he became lost before they were able to solve the issue.

Here is what I can tell you.

He's running Vista on an HP desktop computer with 2 GIG of RAM.

The email client he is using is Yahoo web based.

The gray and black dialog box comes up as soon as he starts a new email.

The box says that "This page is being scanned" and also says "Please wait while this page is being scanned."

He has allowed the scanning to continue for as long as 2 hours without the dialog box going away.

He can click on the dialog box and then close it by pressing the delete button.

I have had him try to adjust the settings in Bit Defender to NOT scan outgoing email. That doesn't help.

It's unlikely that I will be able to talk him through providing a troubleshooting log.

By the time I will be able to get in front of the machine, it will be Thanksgiving Holiday and unlikely that I'll be able to get your support people on the telephone.

Can you provide any suggestions that I might find useful when troubleshooting the problem myself. I'm an IT professional and can handle system level changes if necessary.

Thank you for your help.

Fulkersonj

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Could you tell me which email client is installed on that machine? Which email service is he using now?

Also, please provide me a screenshot.

Since your an IT professional, I won't give any details about how to create a screenshot, how to find the email client, etc. :)

Thank you very much.

• Hi Cristi,

As I mentioned, I'm not in front of the machine, actually, I'm over a hundred miles away from it, so getting a screen shot isn't easy for me to do. Having said that, my friend did email me a couple of photos he made with his camera. I'll attach those.

He's not using an email client on his local machine. His ISP is ATT and they use Yahoo's web mail service. That's all he has. If he was using Outlook,Thuderbird or another dedicated email client, this might not be an issue. That's why I tried disabling a few of the scan procedures when I first tried to diagnose the problem. Disabling email scanning didn't help so, since he uses a web based client, I tried disabling HTTP scanning too. That didn't help either.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

fulkersonj

post-80925-1321126949_thumb.jpg

post-80925-1321126979_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi fulkersonj

Please connect remotely to that machine and make the following settings:

Right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Disable all the options from there and remotely reboot that machine.

Let me know if your friend still encounters that issue.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone

A product update was released last night. Please update and let me know if the issue was resolved.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...iew=getlastpost

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=118945

Thank you.