Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Antivirus - Every Program... Has Stopped Working

Options
benjibb
edited September 2011 in Antivirus

Hi,

I bought and installed bitdefender antivirus 2012 after a fresh install of windows. After closing any program i would get the message "X program Has stopped working". Eventually I would be unable to open any program without the same message appearing, i was unable to install anything or launch any game.

I also got a message saying "Rundll32.exe has stopped working" and "windows host process has stopped working".

Originally i thought the problem could be originating from windows or my HD i ran a chkdsk which returned with 0 problems and reinstalled windows again. It was only after the second installation that i noticed it was BD causing the problem. I uninstalled BD and the problem went away.

Are there any work arounds or reasons as to why this is happening.. Im running windows 7 ultimate x64.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

I bought and installed bitdefender antivirus 2012 after a fresh install of windows. After closing any program i would get the message "X program Has stopped working". Eventually I would be unable to open any program without the same message appearing, i was unable to install anything or launch any game.

I also got a message saying "Rundll32.exe has stopped working" and "windows host process has stopped working".

Originally i thought the problem could be originating from windows or my HD i ran a chkdsk which returned with 0 problems and reinstalled windows again. It was only after the second installation that i noticed it was BD causing the problem. I uninstalled BD and the problem went away.

Are there any work arounds or reasons as to why this is happening.. Im running windows 7 ultimate x64.

Thanks

Hopefully Tech Support (or someone far more knowledgeable then myself ) will be able to help you out soon, but for a very small minority (myself included) BD 2012 will not "YET" run properly on their individual computer systems.

I spent quite some time trying to get BD 2012 up and running, but ended up having to uninstall it completely and reinstall my copy of BitDefender Total Security 2009. (I'm still very well protected against viruses and malware).

BD has always been a great product for me and has always stopped or tracked down any "nasties" trying to take up residence in my computer.

So even though I was disappointed in that I couldn't upgrade to the latest version for free! I still have complete faith that BitDefender will protect my computer from Viruses, and protect my Identity when surfing the web.

Another great thing about the BitDefender products is ,that so long as you have a valid licence key, you are entiteld to upgrade to the latest version of BD at anytime in the future for free! :)

• Still no official comment? Where is the customer service here i've bought a product i cannot use....

• Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using BD2012. To better understand the nature of your problem I'd like you to help by writing a brief description of your system (processor, motherboard, harddrive, video card and such) and the software installed, especially those present during startup. For help with these use Start -> Run -> type "msconfig", press OK, go to the startup tab and please reply with the items included. For help with your current hardware configuration use the same Run window and type "dxdiag", press OK and check the respective information or use the device manager found by right clicking My Computer/going to Computer and checking the tab above the drive icons.

Keep in mind that antivirus or antimalware software of any kind must be removed before installing BD av2012 due to conflicts which may lead to a scenario similar to what you're describing (every process returning errors etc). Also, be sure to update your copy to the latest version.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope we can solve your problems

• I had a similar problem , but when I closed the Active virus control ,it's fine then.

Win 7 x64 ,and with comodo 5.8 installed ,BD build 1409

• postblitz
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I had a similar problem , but when I closed the Active virus control ,it's fine then.

Win 7 x64 ,and with comodo 5.8 installed ,BD build 1409

You must remove Comodo 5.8 in order to get your BitDefender license working properly.

Installation instructions as well as readme clearly states for proper functionality all previous/existing antivirus or protection software must be removed before installing BitDefender.

Please ensure your system is ready before installing BD and hopefully your copy will be working flawlessly.

Thanks for feedback and have a pleasant day :ph34r:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.