Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 Crashes Parallels 4.0 For Windows And Linux

Options

If I turn on the Antivirus Control in Bitdefender Antivirus 2012, Parallels 4.0 for Windows and Linux can no longer detect or work with the hardware on my machine. This results in not being able to launch any virtual machines in Parallels. If I have a virtual machine running and turn Antivirus Control on (even on the lowest setting) it causes the virtual machine to have a fatal error and crash.

I have even tried excluding all of the executable files in the Parallels application folder, but it still crashes the program if I turn AV back on. I even tried turning Game Mode on to see if that might fix the issue, but sadly, it does not.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi kogenta

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Antivirus module and select the Shield tab.

Please disable Active virus control and reboot your PC. Let me know if that application keeps crashing.

Thank you.

• I had a similar problem with Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 running in Windows 7 (64 bit). In my case I got the famous (but now rare) "blue screen of death" when trying to start a virtual machine.

After disabling "Active virus control" as discribed I was able to start the virtual machine without the crash of my host PC.

Thanks for the hint...but hope the problem get fixed ! :-)

• Hi kogenta

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Antivirus module and select the Shield tab.

Please disable Active virus control and reboot your PC. Let me know if that application keeps crashing.

Thank you.

Hi Cristi,

Turning "active virus control' off stops Parallels from crashing while running a vm and allows it to properly detect and use my machines hardware so I can start a vm. I don't even need to reboot when turning the avc off. However, if I'm going to be running a virtual machine all day, having the anti virus turned off on my host operating system is not what I want to do.

Kogenta

• rootkit
    Options

Hi kogenta

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Turning that option off doesn't stop Bitdefender's real time protection.

You have all the details about Active Virus Control here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/..._control_wp.pdf

Thank you.