Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocking The Driver For 3dconnexion Space Pilot

Options

I have a usb 3dconnexion space pilot and the driver is not loading when the Bitdefender 2012 is installed.

Turning different parts of the Bitdefender on and off i found is was the "Active virus control"

Under Settings/antivirus/Active virus control

turned off and rebooted the pc windows xp 32 bit and the space pilot loaded and worked.

Does this leave me exposed?

Is it possible to setup an exception rule in Bitdefender.

I believe its blocking the usb port due to driver having the ability to check website for driver update.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

First off all, please note that you are not exposed. The antivirus engine is still on and is protecting your machine.

Please set Active Virus Control to Permissive and reboot your system.

Tell me if that driver still gets blocked.

Thank you.

• Hi Cristi,

I set the Active Virus Control to Permissive and reboot,

but again it stopped the 3dconnexion space pilot driver loading.

Patrick

Hi and welcome to our forums.

First off all, please note that you are not expose. The antivirus engine is still on and is protecting your machine.

Please set Active Virus Control to Permissive and reboot your system.

Tell me if that driver still gets blocked.

Thank you.

• Is it possible to setup an exception rule in Bitdefender.

I believe its blocking the usb port due to driver having the ability to check website for driver update.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Let's try something.

In order to solve this issue you will need to add the application to the Exclusions List. The steps are below and are quite simple:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions

2. Add the file to the Active Virus Control exclusions: click on "Excluded processes" > add the .exe file of the software and make sure it is "Allowed" > click "Close".

3. Now add the file to the "on access and on-demand" scan exclusions: click on "Excluded files and folders" > Add the file and make sure it's excluded for "both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning.

[only for Bitdefender Internet Security/Total Security]

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Advanced > click on "Application rules":

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Now please restart the computer and recheck the software. I'm fairly confident the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.