Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Free 2011 Expired After Just One Month

BitDefender Free 2011 has stopped updating here after just about one month use, showing the taskbar icon in grey, saying my license is expired and my computer is NOT protected (capitalized like that), and asking me to inform a new key. I get no clue as to how I could get such a key - I only get messages telling me where to purchase the full version. They even refer to a sticker on the box with the key...

And no, I'm not running a trial version of the full product. It's BitDefender Free 2011 that appears on the title bar. "Free" as in "gratis, no cost."

Is it not "Free" after all? Is it time-limited? Why do I need to have a key for a free product? Finally, and most important, how do I get such a key?

I have searched this forum and found lots of similar problems with versions 2009 and 2010, but none with version 2011. There were even generic keys supplied (in a pinned topic), but they didn't work for me - I got an error message saying that the key was not valid for my product version.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• Hi its seems your Bios date or system date changed or licensed file got corrupted ,

please check date and year if ok need to reactivate.

_____

thanks icon_biggrin.gif

• goyta
    edited November 2011

I got a private reply from a BitDefender staff member (why it was private, I don't know, because other users could benefit from it). He said the same thing, but the date is correct and configured to be synchronized to NIST's servers via NTP every two hours. So, it's correct and exact within the second, let alone the year. This copy of BitDefender Free 2011 is running inside a VMware virtual machine that in turn is configured to be synchronized with the host machine's clock. Again, impossible.

As for reactivating it, I have no idea how it could be done. The person who contacted me gave me a key that also didn't work - I got a message that the key did not correspond to the BitDefender version I was using. In the meantime, the problem is happening intermittently: sometimes BitDefender Free works normally, sometimes it says that it's not licensed. I have no idea of what makes it have one or the other behavior. It is not being a big problem because I don't always use that VM, but when I do, it can be annoying.

Thanks anyway!

• Hello goyta

Please tell me, do you have a ticket created in the system?

Thank you.

• Hello goyta

Please tell me, do you have a ticket created in the system?

No, I thought the free version wasn't entitled to direct support from BitDefender. How do I create such a ticket?

Thank you.

• No, I thought the free version wasn't entitled to direct support from BitDefender. How do I create such a ticket?

Thank you.

Use the below link to create a ticket :- http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hi :)

We can troubleshoot this issue here.

Have you used the new Bitdefender Free?(only in Romanian)

Would you like to try it?

http://www.bitdefender.ro/solutions/free.html

• Hi goyta,

you can raise a ticket with bit defender .this facilities available for trail version user also.

so please raise a ticket and attach log file .