Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full Scan Has Been Running For 10 Hours

Options

Hello,

I am new to Bitdefender and thought that it was odd that the Full Scan was taking a long time, so I decided to do some reading to see if a 10 (and counting) hour scan time was typical, or some isolated problem. I've been looking through your threads and have not found something that has taken quite this long. I noticed that nikki605 had an issue with timing that seems to have been fixed (and his scan completed in just over 1 hour), so this looks like a completely separate issue.

I typically run 'AVG free' along with 'Spybot S&D' and that has served my relatively well until recently. If I ever ran into a problem that I couldn't fix, I would back up my files and do a complete re-installation of windows (have not needed to do this for several years now). Unfortunately, this is no longer the 'easy' way out. I would like to keep my system set up if I can. That's why I chose to try Bitdefender.

The first time I ran the full scan, the computer crashed after 2 1/2 hours.

This time, it's at 10 hours and it says that there is 2 hours, 50 minutes to go. The part that concerns me is that I have scanned 3.25 million items at about 100 files/second. Sometimes it slows down to 1 file/second (it stayed there for about an hour) and on rare occasions it will jump up to 3000 files/second. I don't know what typical numbers are.

It's currently reporting 17 infected items. (I suppose the presence of a virus could be one cause of the slow down? Could I get a confirmation on this)

Computer Specs:

WinXP SP3

Pentium D 3Ghz

3.25 GB RAM

I do some video editing, so I have 3x 1GB drives in a raid5 array built into the motherboard as well as a single 1TB drive split into several partitions. My windows install is on another 250GB drive that is separate from the rest (along with all the program files...).

As a side note: when I attempted to uninstall AVG free (as requested for the installation of bitdefender), the setup program crashed. When I attempted to run it again, it showed that AVG had been uninstalled. I was allowed to continue with the Bitdefender installation. When windows crashed and I rebooted to run the full scan again this morning, I noticed that there were some avg processes running. I decided to run the AVG uninstaller again (while the scan was being performed) and this time , it successfully completed. I saw in one post that someone had trouble when Norton had not fully uninstalled. Could this be the case with AVG as well?

Thanks,

Nathan

Comments

• Just to be friendly Windows security essentials will work with BitDefender nicely though it turns off the firewall just turn it back on after once and it's fine.

• Yes,You are right. If a antivirus is not completely uninstalled then there is a chance of system crash.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.