Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Eating Vista

Options

On my last scan, Bit Defender reported that I had one threat. After it finished the scan I read the details and it told me that it deleted some reporting feature on windows. Since then, every time I start Vista, a message states that Windows has been changed in some way. This is followed by a never ending scan for validation.

I'm pretty sure that bit defender is responsible.

What exclusions should I put on bit defender to stop it eating my operating system? (in detail please)

Thanks in advance.....Steve

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Steve.

Could you please post here a screenshot?

Also, do you have Vista Service Pack 2 installed?

Thank you.

• Hi Steve.

Could you please post here a screenshot?

Also, do you have Vista Service Pack 2 installed?

Thank you.

The problem happens before windows opens... and I can't use my Gadwin screen shot function.

I'll try and describe it as best I can:

There's a big Red X on the screen, followed by: An unauthorized change was made to windows. You will no longer receive notifications in, including those about license or activation. Use link below to find out how to fix your system.

When I press 'Details' It states 'Security processor reported s system file mismatch error.'

I have Service Pack One

Steve

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

In the current case, I recommend you to boot in Safe Mode and use System Restore from Windows.

After this, install Service Pack 2 via Windows Update and reinstall Bitdefender 2012 on your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Thank you.

• This morning the computer started up with no problems... Head scratcher!

If the problems persist though, I am going to reinstall my operating system and try it all one more time.

I'll try service pack 2.

Thanks for your efforts.

Steve

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, I am here for you :)

Happy Holidays!

• I had been having the same issues, I downloaded bitdefender 2012 last week and sometimes when I turn my computer on it works and other times not.

In the interim disabling 'scan HTTP traffic' in the antivirus settings has gotten rid of the problem. The moment I recheck the box the issue comes back.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Scan HTTP traffic is part of the Web shield. By disabling that option, Bitdefender will not scan the websites and the HTTP traffic generated by your machine, making you vulnerable to web threats.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.