Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2012 Completely Shut Down Pc

Options

I downloaded and installed the new 2012 Antivirus softeware. I have had 2010 for quite sometime and have been very happy with it. But this new has competely shut down my pc. I have no idea why. It installed fine, scanned fine, and ran fine for a couple of days. Then the slow down started...then things stopped working, such as bookmarks, then programs, and then it got even slower until it finally froze the pc up completely.

When I finally got the pc turned off and tried to boot it back up, I got a black screen saying that a Windows file was corrupted.

Nothing was wrong prior to Bitdefender 2012 Antivirus being installed. So it has to have something to do with it.

I got the pc to boot back to Windows by using the Vista install disk to repair it. But it still either ran slow or it would just lock up.

I went into Safe Mode and tried to uninstall Bitdefender but that would not work in Safe Mode. So I finally, after numerous attempts, got Vista to boot up, not lock up, and uninstalled the BD Antivirus.

Then the pc started running better, but it lost the sound. I have no idea why. I have no idea how to fix that.

There was absolutely nothing wrong prior to installing BD 2012 Antivirus. What in the world is going on? Please help!!!

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

I wish I could do that. But I can't. When BD is installed nothing works, files that are needed to make the pc run are corrupted, etc.

After many many many tries I finally got BD off the pc. Got the corrupted Windows start up file repaired so the pc would boot up, had to do that before I could get BD uninstalled, had to reinstall the drivers for sound that were either corrupted or or deleted altogether, and now the pc runs great....without Bit Defender on it.... needless to say I am not afraid to reinstall BD.

I was reading that is order to run BD on Vista you must have service pack 2 installed. I do have it installed so that shouldn't be the problem.

Any suggestions?

• I wish I could do that. But I can't. When BD is installed nothing works, files that are needed to make the pc run are corrupted, etc.

After many many many tries I finally got BD off the pc. Got the corrupted Windows start up file repaired so the pc would boot up, had to do that before I could get BD uninstalled, had to reinstall the drivers for sound that were either corrupted or or deleted altogether, and now the pc runs great....without Bit Defender on it.... needless to say I am not afraid to reinstall BD.

I was reading that is order to run BD on Vista you must have service pack 2 installed. I do have it installed so that shouldn't be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Meant to say that I AM afraid to reinstall BD.....

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Could you please try to run support in Safe Mode?

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

The steps are the same. Don't forget to send it over PM.

Thank you.