Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Is It So Important To Not Have A 'prompt For Action' Option?

Options

I don't get it, so I need it explaining to me - just so I understand.

Bitdefender AV Plus 2012, by default, deletes data without prompting for action. This data could be game trainers that the customer has paid money for, archives that were created with archiving software such as Molebox, etc.

So, the question remains - Why?

Why is it so important to the developers of Bitdefender that it must, by default, just destroy data - by default. I mean, to put this into perspective, it isn't your data that you are destroying, it isn't your computer - it's the customer's. So why is it so important that the customer's data, by default, could be doomed to be destroyed without a fail-safe?

Yeh, you can set it to quarantine instead of deleting; however, it still automatically does it without any chance of intervention. The question remains: Why no customer-friendly option to 'prompt for action'?

I seriously don't get it.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

As you can see, Bitdefender 2012 is a silent antivirus product. The Auto Pilot takes care of everything and the customer doesn't have to deal with pop-ups, action windows or any other demands.

For the Real Time protection we provide 3 option in the product:

Take proper actions (default)

Move files to quarantine

Deny access

Under Take proper actions we provide: disinfection, move to quarantine, delete, schedule for boot delete, deny access.

These actions are taken by the product and with 2 important factors: malware type and the routine for that malware.

For example, you can not perform disinfection for a Trojan. This is used only for file infectors.

In most cases the action for a Trojan is delete or deny access.

I can tell you for sure that we do not have until now cases that customers complain about the action taken by the product when it was running in Auto Pilot.

Also, we treat False Positive with a higher priority and we work to fix them ASAP.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138

Thank you.

• Just to confirm I understand this correctly, Christian is saying that, provided that AutoPilot has been switched off, it is possible to set the Real Time scan default action for any type of suspect file to 'Deny access'?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

You can change that option to Deny Access even when the Auto Pilot is on.

Change the Actions for On Access scanner don't disable the Auto Pilot feature.

Take care.