Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Should I Run This Other Protection With Bd2012

Options

Hi, i am wondering if i should not being running this advanced system optimizer system protector with bit defender. I know your not suppose to have 2 AV's installed at the same time but the advanced system optimizer is not for virus's. It protects against registry alterations, prevents and malicious exe file to run on the system, prevents unauthorized changes to the windows host file. Also has shields for internet explorer, start up and registry.

I have this currently running because my email had been hacked and turned into a bot. I had maleware ( 54 infections ) that i assumed BD would pick up but was not the case. Im wondering if i should continue to run this system protector with BD2012 to help prevent against maleware infections ?

Any advice and help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

This also applies to that software.

Take care.