Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rootkit

Options

I noticed that the rootkit scan option was removed from the custom scan list, why? Does that mean BD is no longer scanning for them?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

That option was not removed, is still there.

Please check the attached screenshot.

Have a great weekend!

post-9374-1332680380_thumb.png

• Hello :)

That option was not removed, is still there.

Please check the attached screenshot.

Have a great weekend!

post-9374-1332680380_thumb.png

Yes, that's what it used to look like! The difference I see is yours is Total security and mine is BDAV Plus 2012. So they downgraded me! Why? Here's what mine looks like now. (see attached)

post-31695-1332701557_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We are talking about 2 different things.

I made that screenshot from Scan now -> Custom Scan area, you made it from Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield -> On-access settings.

The Real Time Protection from Bitdefender 2012 automatically scans for rootkits and all classes of malware.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hello :)

We are talking about 2 different things.

I made that screenshot from Scan now -> Custom Scan area, you made it from Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield -> On-access settings.

The Real Time Protection from Bitdefender 2012 automatically scans for rootkits and all classes of malware.

Take care.

Yep there it is! Ooops...but but I swear it was in the other window a couple weeks ago... :-)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

The option was never present in Bitdefender 2012 there, only in Custom Scan :D

Take care.