Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan:js/iframeref

Options

This started popping up at 4/6/2012 10:31 pm EST on microsoft security essentials. Yet bitdefender still hasnt detected it 5 hours later. Its apparently located in windows temp folder. Ive tried cleaning it out with disk clean up. At first MSE cleaned it out but My computer slowed to a stop and I had to force a shut down. After restart it didnt start immediately but when it did MSE removed it repeatedly until I had to force a restart again. I have Updated java, and after scanning with both mse and Bitdefender I thought I was in the clear, but it came back again even though I had unplugged my network adapter. So again I ran disk clean up, bitdefender, MSE, and even downloaded malwarebytes. Olny MSE seems to detect it.

So summed up my question is: Is this a false positive? Am I stopping something the needs to run and thats why my computer craps out?

Iv'e been granted a reprieve after MSE removed it again and its lasted almost an hour now but I dont know if I should be worried.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You have there a conflict between Bitdefender engine and the other security solution.

Is is an unwanted effect. Basically, that other security solution considers the cloud cached used by Bitdefender as malicious.

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

After this, please run a Full System Scan with Bitdefender and let me know if everything is OK.

Take care.

• Before I go uninstalling things, I have had both bitdefender and MSE on my computer for at least 4 months (MSE was ninjad onto my computer in one of the updates so I'm not sure exactly how long). This problem had never happened before. And after looking around doesnt the JS/ mean java ******? I like bitdefender but I dont want to get rid of MSE if it's detecting something that bitdefender isn't.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

A JavaScript in Windows/Temp? I don't think so.

We can solve this really easy.

Turn off both programs(the active shield).

Please pack the detected files in archive with the password infected and send me a PM with it.

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Take care.

• maddogg78
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi

If its not possible then ok. I cant send you the files though because none have shown up in MSE since my first post thankfully. I thought I was in the clear to be honest until I turned my computer on an hour ago signed in, went to get a drink, came back and my second screen was completely grey and my primary went black as I sat down. I forced a restart and was fine again but of course the first thing to come to mind was that somehow The trojan thing was having its way with my comp since this is the first time this has happenned and the other problems like freezing the suspect was accused of causing.

I was ready to just reformat my harddrive if this continues but if I don't have to I'd really rather not.

** edit MSE let it through a few times as well before my first post. another reason why I was worried.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options
    The trojan thing was having its way with my comp since this is the first time this has happened and the other problems like freezing the suspect was accused of causing.

I don't think is a Trojan, as I mentioned earlier we think is a conflict between the 2 engines.

If you send me the files, we will know for sure and provide you assistance for malware removal, if needed.

Take care.

• I pm'ed you just wondering if you know anything yet.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The file is in analysis.

I will get back to you with the results.

Take care.