Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On-demand Scanning

Options

After scanning, antivirus reports about missing files, which files are not scanned?

Thank you.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

All the files reported as missing were deleted/sent to quarantine by the On-Access module. Basically, during the scan, those files were discovered and the product took care of them.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

What is too much)

Bezimyanni_3060871_4534042.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back.

You are talking about Skipped items.

BitDefender has a feature called SmartScan, which decreases the duration of the scan by adding clean files to a cache so that they will be skipped at the next scan if the files have not been accessed or modified in any way. If a file that is already present in the cache is accessed, then it will be removed from the cache.

The "Cache" created by Bitdefender is the same for all types of scans*, also for all the scanned files . Once you ran a scan, the clean files are moved to this Cache. Also, BitDefender is scanning all the files and processes accessed in real time. These are also added to the same cache if they are clean.

Only the clean files are moved to this Cache. When you will start a scan, BitDefender will first check this Cache in order to know what files it will skip. Also, once a file from the Cache is modified, it will automatically be removed from the cache list and BitDefender will scan it again in order to make sure the file is clean.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

Thank you, Christian, and I ask pardon for my bad English)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi :)

No worries, the screenshot was perfect.

Take care.