Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downloading Files Via Flashget

Options

If you download infected files with download manager FlashGet, Bitdefender only blocks viruses without deleting or moving to quarantine, if you remove FlashGet, anti-virus begins to move the virus in quarantine, why is this happening?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

FlashGet uses a different download system, is has nothing in common with a standard browser.

When a file is downloaded via this system, Bitdefender will cut connection to the server and the file will be incomplete. In that stage, the file is harmless and the behavior of the malware engine is normal.

So, you don't have to worry, the malware won't get in the system.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

It is clear, but why not move Bitdefender virus in quarantine, even if put in the settings of this action?

• Rampant
    Options

And yet, blocked viruses are fully functional, checked their md5.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please send a few links so I can run some tests?

Send me a PM with them and please do not post them here.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

Posted.

• Rampant
    Options

Bitdefender knows almost all viruses, but the fact that he leaves them in a folder for downloads, affect the final results.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you use FlashGet 3.7 or 1.9?

I need this information for the testing procedure.

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I did run the test, the files are downloaded incompletely and after Bitdefender stops the threat, all of them have the .jccfg3 extensions.

These do not present a threat to the systems.

The product can properly block threats downloaded with that software.

Have a great weekend!

• Rampant
    Options

We know that antivirus blocks viruses, why he does not move them in quarantine, even if it is specified in the settings, so it is not clear. Bitdefender virus begins to move, if you remove the download manager.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

No malware will be downloaded if the connection is interrupted during the download.

Those files are created since the job was added in the download manager, at the end they do not contain any viral code.

In this case, our software has no right to delete incomplete files.

The software allocates the space before the download begins, just like a torrent client :)

Even if you uninstall the download manager and the antivirus, those files are still useless.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

Have you checked the md5 of the original and locked files? My testers say that amounts coincide.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

If you change the extension or the name of the file, the MD5 will always be the same.

So basically, the file is harmless as I previously mentioned in my post.

Take care.