Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay And 3rd Party Firewall

Options
Charyb
Charyb ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Safepay

There is going to be a bunch of people who use Safepay whose 3rd party firewall will not allow them to connect.

You should post a sticky on how to do this.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

So far so good with COMODO, of course Defense Plus being disabled (I also removed their the Internet Security/Proactive Security components, just to make sure) and just running the Firewall as to not conflict with Bitdefender's AV+ real time protection.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

I had a problem with mine. Safepay wouldn't connect to the internet because my firewall was blocking it. I have my firewall set to alert me for any outbound connections. I couldn't see the notification to ok the connection because I couldn't see the desktop. I had to manually add a rule. It took me some time to find which executable needed access. It's not called safepay.exe. This would have been way too easy. It's obk.exe which was in a folder that I wouldn't think to look in.

• columbo
    Options

Good point, as it does open in full screen, so in some case you would need to allow it in the firewall the outbound connection rules before using Safepay, or you won't see the pop up notification and wonder what's going on. :huh:

lol, they even stealth-ed the .exe name to obk.exe. Good info. Charyb, can be very helpful for others, as it was to me :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Could you please post here all the programs that blocked Safepay?

We will contact all the publishers and they should add an exception.

Thank you!

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Just one program. Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5.3. It will automatically create a rule in learning mode. I don't use learning mode though.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

If you don't use that learning mode, you will have to manually create or edit the created rule.

Thank you for your feedback!