Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Turn This Crap Off Totally?

Options
knight_9
edited August 2012 in Antivirus

Man, I have already turned off the antivirus and firewall, then I still get blocked by installing a program with virus in its tmp files.

I have tried to exclude the whole tmp folder but it doesn't work at all.

So how do I turn this crap off totally. I mean if it doesn't turn off the virus scan, what does that antivirus on/off button for?

I'd kept my kaspersky even with higher ram usage. This settings is nonsense.

And by the way, does that extention exclusion even do anything? I have tried to exclude exe and tmp extention, and nothing happens.

###### I'm definitely switching back to kaspersky after the key expires, if BD doesn't fix this.

Comments

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello knight_9 and welcome to the forums,

Check this link

There is a potential answer for your question.

Take care.

• AstroMax
    edited August 2012
    Options

Did it work?

• The instructions provided by breadncheese, will only stop BitDefender from displaying on your system tray . If you want to completely disable the BitDefender services please follow the steps bellow :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode:

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Click on Start from Windows and choose Run. Type "services.msc" (without quoutes) then click on Ok .

3. In the list of services look after "BitDefender Virus Shield", right click on it and under "Startup type" choose "Manual" .

4. Now, restart your computer in Normal Mode and try to open BitDefender. You will have the message that the BitDefender Services are not responding.

5. In order to start the BitDefender services again, follow the second step, right click on "BitDefender Virus Shield" and choose "Start".

Yeah, thanks alot man. Finally find it in link you provided. This is provided by a BD tech support, so this must be legit.

Everyone whoever has the same problem hope this helps. Thanks again.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35635

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.