Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Device Detection Scan For Dismounted Usb Stick

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Antivirus

I insert my USb Stick in the system and Windows ask for chkdsk, since it was removed in unsafe way previously. On the same time I select to start Scan from the Pop-up appear and also select to start chkdsk, but then a message appear by chkdsk " WINDOWS CAN NOT CHECK THE DISK WHILE IT IS IN USE. DO YOU WANT TO DISMOUNT THIS VOLUME FIRST? ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WILL BECOME INVALID", and I press OK to go ahead. And the surprise thing is that Bitdefender was still scanning the USB Stick in the Dismount State while also the chdsk is running at the same time. Is that normal behavior?

post-31288-1345055725_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Are you sure that device was dismounted? Did you checked in Device Manager?

When in use, Windows can not dismount some devices and the only way to interrupt the connection is to unplug it.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Kindly see the attachment, the USB drive is still Online even after force dismount.

post-31288-1345217870_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Omer :)

I will try to reproduce the current issue on several machines here.

If I need more information on this, I will let you know.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any update?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

When Bitdefender starts to scan a device, Windows won't be able to take actions on it because is in use.

The action is normal. Please remember to safely remove the drives from Windows and it all should be OK from now.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

That is what I was thinking. But kindly check that both chkdsk and scanning is running at the same time without error from either Windows or Bitdefender and the progress bar of chkdsk and scanning proceeds in a normal way.

• rootkit
    Options

I did some tests with the latest build and several logging tools and the behavior is normal under the initial conditions.'

Take care.