Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Mode Issue !

Options

Whenever I try to reboot my PS in Rescue Mode, appears to me 7 Operating Systems.

One is in "Windows Boot Manager", while the others are below in "Tools".

This situation reminds me of the an excess PS´s in main "My Bitdefender" window before. (each re-install process was remembered).

Is this the consequence of some issue ?

Is it somehow possible that these OS being permanently removed from my "Windows Boot Manager" and "Tools" ?

Thank You.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Could you please post here a screenshot/photo? I did not understand the issue from your post.

Do you have more than one operating system on that PC?

Thank you!

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Christian,

I have only one operating system !

post-105258-1348239251_thumb.jpg

• bogdanh
    edited September 2012
    Options

Thank you for helping us resolve this. Can you check that in this folder

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Threat Scanner\bdrescue\data

there are only these 3 files ?:

- bdr-conf

- drivemaps.txt

- install-info.txt

install-info.txt is the relevant one, it should contain 7 C:\

If the file doesn't exist, it's a known bug (and should be fixed in the 16.21 update); you can manually remove Rescue Mode entries from an Administrator prompt using:

bcdedit /delete {bdbdbd00-6057-11e0-a7f3-ce9adfd72001}
    bcdedit /delete {bdbdbd00-6057-11e0-a7f3-ce9adfd72002}
    bcdedit /delete {bdbdbd00-6057-11e0-a7f3-ce9adfd72003}

(one command per Rescue Mode entry -- the last digit in the commands above corresponds to the entry id)

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hello Bogdan H and thank you for your response,

I had done steps that you recommended before 2 days ago in that topic ( http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=159352 ),

and I was able to manually remove all unnecessary Rescue Mode entries (in the last 15 days "earned 2 more OS entries, so that in the end was 9).

Also i checked this path:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Threat Scanner\bdrescue\data

and results can be seen on the pictures:

post-105258-1348796004_thumb.jpg post-105258-1348795426_thumb.jpg

Is the problem solved now ?

Is there a way to safely remove the number 9 that remained, or do I have to wait for a new build? Last 16.22.0.1534 didn´t finish the job.

Thank you very much !

Best regards.

• bogdanh
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Is the problem solved now ?

Is there a way to safely remove the number 9 that remained, or do I have to wait for a new build? Last 16.22.0.1534 didn´t finish the job.

Yes, we pushed the fix with update 16.21. Users who were affected do have to clean the left-over entries manually (but new entries shouldn't appear any more).

Also, the c:\bdr-... files should all end in '09' in your case. If the files are missing, a product reinstall/repair is the only option (or not using Rescue Mode at all). If the files have a different suffix due to the issue we fixed, manually renaming the suffix should be enough.

Cheers,

Bogdan

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Just an aside, thanks for your help here, and here, Bogdan :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

This issue will be fixed via Automatic Updates in a future product update.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.