Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Hotspot Protection Network

Options

Hello,

Just installed Anitvirus Plus 2013.

When I connected to my bank, the offer to use Safepay popped up. After trying it and realizing I couldn't cut and paste between this and other software (like Quicken), I turned it off so it wouldn't pop up anymore.

However, shortly after this I got a popup window from Windows 7 itself. This was a duplicate of the type of popup I get when I connect to public networks in coffee shops, where you choose Work, Home, or Public. However, this was for a network called the "Safepay Hotspot Protection Network".

Not sure what it was, I chose "Public".

However, I can no longer find this network on my computer. Any idea what's up?

Thanks,

Rick

rick@rickgates.com

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    When I connected to my bank, the offer to use Safepay popped up. After trying it and realizing I couldn't cut and paste between this and other software (like Quicken), I turned it off so it wouldn't pop up anymore.

We're analysing a solution that will allow the user to switch back and forth between regular desktop (where Quicken, password managers etc.) users may access and Safepay desktop.

However, shortly after this I got a popup window from Windows 7 itself. This was a duplicate of the type of popup I get when I connect to public networks in coffee shops, where you choose Work, Home, or Public. However, this was for a network called the "Safepay Hotspot Protection Network".

Not sure what it was, I chose "Public".

However, I can no longer find this network on my computer. Any idea what's up?

Safepay detects insecure wireless connections - you probably connected using an open wifi, am I right? - and, if this occurs, Safepay creates a secure VPN connection (Bitdefender Safepay tm). When Safepay ends, it disconnects and deletes the VPN connection. This is why you saw the popup from Windows (Home/Work/Public) but you didn't see the connection anymore. For now is an annoyance and we're analysis a solution to don't show this popup anymore.

Regards,

Cristian