Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Still No Recovering Deleted Files

Options
werby3
edited October 2012 in Antivirus

Hello,

When I show this Recover Files Disinfected/deleted By Bitdefender 2013 I tried scanning some "infected" files (by "System Scan" and "Device Scan") and unfortunately the new feature is not working properly.

Still there is no recovery for w/o prompt deleted files (bellow photos), perhaps for some kind of infection (Trojans).

By "Contextual" or "Custom" Scan there is no problem (prompt for action).

P S: Please don't ask me for logs etc., cause a few months ago we tried by this way (BDIS2012), and there was not a solution.

Regards

post-24433-1349619570_thumb.jpg

post-24433-1349619575_thumb.jpg

post-24433-1349619582_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I will not ask for logs, but I really need that sample and I can see there that you have stopped the scanning process.

Please pack the file in an archive and send it via PM.

I will get back to you on this with further details.

Take care.

• PM sent.

THNX :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I have used your screenshots to reproduce the issue.

I have stopped the protection, copied the malware on an external device(USB stick).

When I connected the stick in the USB port, the real time protection status changed(absolutely normal) and the files got caught by the On-Access protection and there is a Recovery button for each file.

post-9374-1349677340_thumb.png

As for the situation where the scan is stopped, I will further investigate this today.

Thank you!

• werby3
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello Christian,

Kindly, try to reproduce the issue like this:

1. On "Shield" go to "Modify" and uncheck "Scan inside Archives".

2. Copy .zip file in USB stick. On inserting, "Scan this device" from the pop up that will appear and you'll see the issue.

P S : Issue persists, regardless stop scanning.

Regards

• werby3
    edited October 2012
    Options

...There is no problem with "On Access Scanning". Everything's OK.

I think the problem appears on predefined scan profiles like "System Scan", "USB Device Scan" etc.

Thank you

• ...I also want to notify you for another strange behavior with "USB Device Scan".

Yesterday, when a USB stick (not mine) inserted, "USB Device Scan" found 5 Trojans.

Two of them deleted (asking for restart), w/o recover option.

The other three also deleted but there was recover option.

Unfortunately, I didn't get those files.

Regards

• ...I post it again with some correction

Hello Christian,

2. Copy .zip file I've sent you, w/o extracting files, in USB stick and remove it.

3. Insert it again, "Scan this device" from the pop up that will appear and you'll see the issue.

Thank you in advance!

• werby3
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello,

I've noticed that only if those malware files are in a .zip file, are deleted w/o prompt and w/o recovering option. Otherwise they are deleted w/o prompt but with recovering option.

P S : I always mean by predefined scan profiles, not by "On-Access", "Custom" or "Contextual" scanning that work perfect (prompting).

Regards

• Hi,

After last update (16.23.0.1637) issue still remains.

Regards

• Hello Christian,

2. Copy .zip file I've sent you, w/o extracting files, in USB stick and remove it.

3. Insert it again, "Scan this device" from the pop up that will appear and you'll see the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Hello Christian,

Any news?

• werby3
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello Christian,

I'm willing to send you again those malware files in case you don't have it any more.

If so, please try to reproduce the issue as in my previous post mentioned.

Keep in mind that because of this issue, I always have "Scan inside archives" unchecked and I never run a "System scan", "USB device scan" etc.

Thank you!

• rootkit
    Options

I reviewed this post http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=160879 and now I can understand the behavior.

Bitdefender has On Access scanning (the shield, real time protection) and On Demand Scanning(the scan profiles from Bitdefender that are predefined).

When you make those changes they are only for the On Access module.

Device scanning is part of On Demand profiles.

Please send me the file again because now I have a new machine for tests and the link from that file server is no longer available.

I will recreate the scenario and forward the new results to our developers.

Have a great weekend!

• PM sent.

THX

• rootkit
    Options

I have received the files.

I will run some test over the weekend and I will forward my conclusions to our developers next week.

Have a lovely weekend!

• RDS
    Options

Make it optional like normal antivirus window with a choice of actions to deal with the file with the developers apparently did not have the mind!

Now people will be suffer when files are deleted without asking! :(

• werby3
    edited November 2012
    Options

Issue still remains (16.24.0.1682).

The opposite would be...abnormal :) .

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please check my explanation from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=165130

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being reviewed.

Thank you!