Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Kid's Account Blocking Other Users

Hi Bitdefender folks,

Imagine my surprise today when I tried to visit amazon.com from my windows 7 account and got the Bitdefender parental block notice.

I've created one kid account in bit defender parental control and gave it the same name as my son's windows 7 user account. I assumed that would connect the two. Evidently I was wrong. Do I need to be logged in with his account when I create the parental control kid's account? What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Todd Waddell

Comments

• Could someone please answer this question? I'm having the same issue. (with the same question)

I am quite disapointed actually, at the lack of information available when things don't go as planned. (I have not found any troubleshooting info anywhere)

• Greetings,

I have also run across a similar situation using Windows XP. For the most part, I have not had a problem in setting up and administering Bitdefender Parental Control and currently have accounts for two children on 3 devices.

However, just as Todd mentions, I have also run into times when I could not access websites I normally visit and was presented with the Bitdefender Parental Control Block notice.

Well today, I was finally able to reproduce this scenario repeatedly. It appears as though the Bitdefender Parental Control Service does not resetting at “Log Off”. And if this is truly the case, I believe this issue should be addressed by the folks a Bitdefender as soon as possible.

Here was my finding … Today, one of my children started the computer, logged on to Windows XP, and accessed the web. When he was finished, I asked him to only “Log Off” (and not Shutdown), because I need to use the computer. But when I logged on and accessed the web, I found that I was operating under Parental Control restrictions. I then rebooted the computer, logged on, and this time everything was fine. So I repeated the process and came up with the same results.

Conclusion … I needed to reboot the computer to reset the Parental Control service.

Now if the Parental Control service is not resetting at logoff, there may be other issues as well (although I did not test for this myself). For example, let’s say there is a scenario where two children are setup for Parental Control; one 16 years old and one 8 years old. In this scenario, the 16 year old logs on to the computer, accesses the web, and then logs off (not a shutdown). Then the 8 year old logs in to the computer and access the web. Now if the Parental Control service is not resetting at logoff, at what age level is the 8 year old operating at (16 or 8) ???

Once again, I truly believe this issue with Parental Control that should be addressed by the folks a Bitdefender as soon as possible !!!

Thanks,

Mark

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello and thank you all for your valuable feedback!

The issue that you have reported with the Parental Control module has been acknowledged by our development team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part. Please rest assured that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we remain at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.