Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Infected Files

Options

Scanned and picked up the following:

"The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Thread Scanner\smartdb-ntfs.db has been detected as infected. Bitdefender could not clean this item. Your computer is not virus-free."

"The File C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\onaccess.date has been detected as infected. Bitdefender could not clean this item. Your computer is not virus-free."

Need to know if I should go ahead and delete these files or not????

Thanks!

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Interesting....I think the first one is related to Smart Scan feature by which you see skipped items during scanning. It seems that an infected file has been added as skipped items to this database and Bitdefender detected this database file as infected. It surprise me....However read this article about skipped items here Skipped Items

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Please make a scan log an post it over here.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36502

Thank you!

• Jabbacks
    edited November 2012
    Options

Contextual Scans of both folders!

Scan Log

Scan Log 2

• rootkit
    Options

We have analyzed the data you have sent us which shows that no threats are now present on your computer.

Those entries from the log are not malicious, they can't be accessed directly because they are either encrypted or missing(in some cases).

I have notified our developers about this situation and a fix will be provided soon via Automatic Updates.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

• I've noticed the db file and the other one are gone. Aren't they suppose to run under BD environment? Also, since these files are gone, BD has not give out any error or anything specifying that these files are missing. Hmmmmm.....

Thanks Chris!

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am also interested to know why the "object was not found" is displayed in the logs.

@Jabbacks: Check thoroughly the Events for Antivirus Module and find if there any thing detected by Real Time Protection, and upon finding post here the snapshot.

• rootkit
    Options

The file are not missing, you can check the path and you will find it there.

This issue is scheduled to be fixed in build 16.24.xxxx.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great weekend!