Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is It Time To Give Up On Bd 2013?

Options

I ended up removing BD2013 from both my Win7pro 64bit machine and my XPPro machine. I still have 2012 on my Win7 32bit machine and it's running fine (for now).

2013 caused WinExplorer crashes using context menus and prevented chkdsk from running on both XP and Win7. I had to run chkdsk because when BD froze up I had to hard boot the computer and that can wreak havoc on hard drive sectors. On my XP machine it got so bad that it wouldn't boot up after login. I was able to run the BD uninstall program in safe mode just barely and removed as many references to BD from the registry as I could. Both OS's ran fine after removal and chkdsk was once again operational.

I only have 100 days left on the current licenses but I think I will either reinstall 2012 or I will find something else. There comes a time you have to balance the time spent trouble shooting your antivirus or just use a lessor program and just be more careful.

I have been with BD for about 4-5 years and it's always a technical challenge to keep it running properly. I spend 99% more time on keeping BD upgrades running than I ever did with virus or Trojan infections on my non-BD machines.

So the time has come. Should I re-install 2012 and hope 2013 becomes usable at some point before my license expires, or should I move on altogether? That is my current dilemma. What do you think?

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi shpshftr :)

You could wait for Christian to read some submitted logs from you, and try to trouble shoot in that way, but I'm not sure by the sound of your post, that you may want to do that?

I would consider, since you know Bitdefender and are familiar with it, to run the 2013 uninstall tool on those PCs it was installed, then running CCleaner in Reg. mode (and Cleaner mode) and to only delete any leftover BD reg keys, restarting your PC, and installing the 2012 version for these reasons: you know the 2012 version works for you, and that it has excellent AV/Firewall/Antiphishing protection. Then to monitor the forum, and as you see some of the issues being resolved, installing the 2013 version. To quote the saying, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Just my thoughts,

:)

Columbo

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

In the latest product update we resolved the issues with Windows Explorer, chkdsk and many more. Please check out the changelog for this major update:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=164968

Thank you!