Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Most Thorough Way To Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus 2013?

Options

Hi,

I would like to remove BTAV 2013 from my computers runing Windows XP.

I have read there are two ways to uninstall BTAV 2013.

1. Using add/remove programs

2. Use the BTAV removal tool.

Please tell me which is the MOST thorough way to do this.

Happy trails, Mike

Comments

• Thank you.

Happy trails, Mike

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thank you.

Happy trails, Mike

You are welcome....kindly share us with the results, if you like.

• You are welcome....kindly share us with the results, if you like.

Got BTAV 2013 uninstalled from all 3 of our pcs.

Cant take the mess that BTAV makes. Crashed my wife's laptop severerly! It would not complete loading the OS. Had to do hard shut downs to get the laptop to turn off.

Thought we had a hardrive failure happening. Had to run Dell diagnositcs tools on the pc prior to os boot. The tools said everything on the laptop was working properly.

Booted to safe mode and just for ###### and giggles did a system restore from a point a week old. Laptop booted just fine.

I suspected a BTAV update was the culprit. It was, for the second time in a few months.

Turned off the internet connection so BTAV wouldnt update.

Uninstalled BTAV as per your instructions. Moving on to Norton.

Too bad. We have used the BTAV product for many years. Just can take it any longer. :wacko:

Happy trails, Mike

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Happy Holidays!