Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adding Windows Services To The Exclusions

Options

1) How can I add Windows Services alongwith command switches to the Exclusions e.g If want to add "C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs" in the Exclsuions, Bitdefender displays the wrong path error.

2) Does adding the svchost.exe service to the Exclusion also affect the commands e.g -k netsvcs in above example.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

I want to say that Exclusions also affect the command switches for the respective service?

• you will never get a response on these forums, submit a support ticket

• coolcool1227
    Options
    you will never get a response on these forums, submit a support ticket

I already tried by submitting a support ticket for another issue, but never get replied.....support is going to be worst day by day.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

All Windows files are added in our clean set, so setting an Exclusion for a process is not necessary.

Bitdefender blocked an important Windows process (via the engine or AVC/IDS)?

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Bitdefender blocked an important Windows process (via the engine or AVC/IDS)?

What do mean by that? Kindly elaborate further.

All Windows files are added in our clean set, so setting an Exclusion for a process is not necessary.

I am taking about the services and you better know the difference between the process and the service. How can I add third part software services to the Exclusions

e.g If I want to add the "Software Protection" service in Windows 7 which "Enables the download, installation and enforcement of digital licenses for Windows and Windows applications.",

Executable Path: C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe

or I want to add "Windows Update" service which "Enables the detection, download, and installation of updates for Windows and other programs"

Executable Path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

So rather than to add multiple processes executed by each service to exclsuions, if I can exclude the parent service, all processes (which may be more than one and I've to take action on it individually) associated with it will automatically be excluded.

Kindly don't tell me to use the product in Auto Pilot Mode. And kindly answer my above said queries also. And rectify me if I am wrong in any aspect?

• rootkit
    Options

Is sufficient to add the process to exclusions and when the file is used by the service, the product will not scan it.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Christian

You are requested to reply in detail as I want to exclude it manually because even if the file/application or processes are not running, their services are still running in background. So I don't want to wait for the process to be run and then I take care of it.

1) How can I add Windows Services alongwith command switches to the Exclusions e.g If want to add "C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs" in the Exclsuions, Bitdefender displays the wrong path error.

2) Does adding the svchost.exe service to the Exclusion also affect the commands associated with it e.g -k netsvcs in above example.

• Rampant
    Options

svchost.exe can not be added to the exceptions, the same packet service, used by many processes, and often viruses use for their cover.

• coolcool1227
    Options

@Rampant

"svchost.exe" is just an example you can take the example of any other Windows service.

• Rampant
    Options

Dialogue is better to lead by the example of a simple service.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Dialogue is better to lead by the example of a simple service.

Yes, you are right Rampant, I must admit that for which I apologize. However by posting this I have two concerns

1) How to add the service/process alongwith the switches or parameters so that only a particular service be added to Exclusion which is associated to the command switch/parameter.

2) I want to exclude them manually because even if the file/application or processes are not running, their services are still running in background. So I don't want to wait for the process to be run and then I take care of it.

You can take example of "Software Protection" service in Windows 7 which "Enables the download, installation and enforcement of digital licenses for Windows and Windows applications.",

Executable Path: C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe

• Rampant
    Options

Dear Omer, until Bitdefender products will not be a full user mode, such questions will not be answered.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Dear Omer, until Bitdefender products will not be a full user mode, such questions will not be answered.

:D

Yeah you right my friend. But even then I will keep asking such questions. Let see what they say about this or stay away from this.

• coolcool1227
    Options

I know that they are deliberately not answering such queries. :rolleyes:

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Omer Sorry, but I'm tired of writing in "void" when I do not get answers to their questions http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40417 I think that I do not respect, and it's sad. You know that in Russia many people Bitdefender, and if I can not answer them questions, you will not be sold, why developers do not understand, I do not understand.

• Rampant
    Options

Here's an example, in Russia, Yandex is very popular, but the developers of Romania do not want to adapt their products for our market, that's my theme

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=37230

• coolcool1227
    Options

I also can't understand the response of the developers, they are focusing only on the protection level and not other features. Bitdefender improve in the protection a lot since last year but at the same time they remove very fundamental and useful feature from their esteemed products.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

You know Omer that I am administrator security forum, and popular topics Bitdefender, second only to the topic of Comodo http://safetygate.ru/forum/index.php?action=stats, but if I do not get answers here, I would not be able to help in Russia, how do I bring to the Romanian developers?

• coolcool1227
    Options

You can made Feature Request for Russian Version. I think this is the only best way to get support in a proper way.

Also check your PM.

• Rampant
    Options

You will not believe Omer, but a Russian translation, made ​​by my resources, and I doubt that we will be support it), but thanks for the advice, but what I can be punished, I do not much care.