Total Security 2011 64 Bit, Ieshow.exe Startup

Diiial
edited December 2012 in General module

I've 2 ieshow.exe showing at msconfig startup tab.

Ea at

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2011\ieshow.exe

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2011\Antispam32\ieshow.exe

However after disabling the one in Antispam32, it disappeared from the startup tab.

The question I'd like to ask is, is it ok to disable both ieshow.exe from startup? Thx

Comments

• Hello :)

If you disable those entries, the toolbar from the browser and the one from the email client will be disabled.

Take care.

• Hello :)

If you disable those entries, the toolbar from the browser and the one from the email client will be disabled.

Take care.

What toolbar? I don't see any bitdefender toolbar from my firefox after I right click the menu area, only got "Menu Bar", "Navigation Toolbar", "Bookmarks Toolbar" and "Add-on bar". Thx

• Hello,

In the browser and the email client we inject a toolbar to detect malicious pages and email.

Did you know that you can upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2013?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=223&id=42

Happy Holidays!

• Currently in firefox 17.0.1, latest version, I don't see a bitdefender toolbar in it, it is because this version isn't supported yet by bitdefender right?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Firefox 17 is supported by Bitdefender 2013 and the toolbar is integrated in another way. In our new product, the toolbar is directly injected in the process, so we do not need to update it when Mozilla or Google release a new version for their browsers.

Take care.