Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't See Products

Options
baaq
edited January 2013 in Registration & others

Hello

It's few days and my.bitdefedner.com product section still doesn't work. I can't get my Bitdefender serial number because of that and I have no antyvirus for now. E-mail support just forgot about me.

Are you going to give me what I bought?

Comments

• baaq
    Options

Ok not actual. Someone from e-mail support sent me my license key, thanks to him.

But in my opinion my.bitdefender.com should be fixed anyway.

• Wildo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Ok not actual. Someone from e-mail support sent me my license key, thanks to him.

But in my opinion my.bitdefender.com should be fixed anyway.

So that is exact the problem I came across. I just bought Bitdefender and my licence key came up on the webpage of the bitdefender online shop. I did not write it down because I thought, it will come within an email from bitdefender. Ok that was my fault because it did not come within an email. So i thought I'd better log into the mybitdefender account and select the "products" menu, and guess what it says : "This service is undergoing maintenance. Please check back again later." So no serial, no product, no fun. :(

So I haven't used Bitdefender for a single second and find myself dropping a line into the support forums. Very sad.

Why is there no email confirmation with the licence-key inside and why must one copy&paste the licence-key from the order confirmation page?

• columbo
    Options

You're right, Wildo, that doesn't sound right. I ordered from the online store in the past (bitdefender.com) and did receive the confirmation email with the key from Digital River, and in fact just got the renewal notice last week.

I know everyone always asks this, and you probably already looked, but did you check your spam folder? Mine shows it being from"Webhelp.v4@digital river".

Columbo

• You're right, Wildo, that doesn't sound right. I ordered from the online store in the past (bitdefender.com) and did receive the confirmation email with the key from Digital River, and in fact just got the renewal notice last week.

I know everyone always asks this, and you probably already looked, but did you check your spam folder? Mine shows it being from"Webhelp.v4@digital river".

Columbo

Dear Columbo,

sure everyone asks but sometimes it absolutely makes sense because the mail was actually rated as spam. So I have to revoke things I said above regarding the order confirmation.

Many many thanks columbo. You saved my day.

Regards

Wildo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello :)

We are making some changes in My Bitdefender and some options will be unavailable in the next period.

The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

If you need the license key for an urgent (re)installation, you can contact us via phone/chat:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Thank you for your support and patience.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

@ Wildo, so glad it was an easy solution, and that you're up and running. Thanks for the kind words, and for posting back :)

@ Christian, thank you for that update, we all appreciate it :)

• upuaut
    Options

is this related to the "what I would call a possible security issue" near the end of the year?

I don't see anything posted about it here, but I would assume it would be good form to inform people about it and whether there were any risk to your clients. I doubt there would have been much risk except maybe the safebox access and license key theft, but still, just saying, seems strange to not see anything at all mentioned about it.

I think I finally stopped getting misc. devices and licenses registered to my account at this point and I no longer pop into other peoples accounts randomly.

• @ Wildo, so glad it was an easy solution, and that you're up and running. Thanks for the kind words, and for posting back :)

@ Christian, thank you for that update, we all appreciate it :)

Very interesting, but I asked this question on Dec 29th and there was no response till you posted a link to a newer thread.

When something like this (Bit defender being hacked) you would think you would post a sticky.

Typical Bit defender approach...misdirection. Its someone else's fault...

• cryssalthar
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello All,

I'm also in the same situation like you, with MyBitdefender suspended and with phone call and emails directed to Bitdefender Support about possible hack on Bitdefender data-base.

I can say now (just to have an ideea-I'm from Romania) that Bitdefender was hacked and lots of data were lost. I could see in that period the personal data of a lady from Baltimore - USA like address, phone number, license, name, birtday date , to myBitdefender online , so what do you think Bitdefender did when I asked them about this. NOTHING ! No response, no email , no phone, NOTHING! I'm intrested to know if also my personall details were hacked and they told us on romanian section of the forum that they are updating mybitdefender online and they can't do this offline . WTF ???? What company is duing the upgrade directly on the main server ? Bitdefender do you think we are so stupid ??? Please respond us and tell us what was the problem and how big !

Regards,

• hmbe
    Options

This service is undergoing maintenance. Please check back again later.

Contacted support but so far no answer!

Is this problem going to be solved?

Anyone?

• cohbraz
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm also in the same situation like you, with MyBitdefender suspended and with phone call and emails directed to Bitdefender Support about possible hack on Bitdefender data-base.

I can say now (just to have an ideea-I'm from Romania) that Bitdefender was hacked and lots of data were lost. I could see in that period the personal data of a lady from Baltimore - USA like address, phone number, license, name, birtday date , to myBitdefender online , so what do you think Bitdefender did when I asked them about this. NOTHING ! No response, no email , no phone, NOTHING! I'm intrested to know if also my personall details were hacked and they told us on romanian section of the forum that they are updating mybitdefender online and they can't do this offline . WTF ???? What company is duing the upgrade directly on the main server ? Bitdefender do you think we are so stupid ??? Please respond us and tell us what was the problem and how big !

Regards,

Agreed!!! I tried to log in to my account sometime around December 24th and every time I did, I would get someone else account information. Upgrades to mybitdefender? More like taking part of it offline to stop the damage. The fact that Bitdefender as a company has not been more forthcoming as to what exactly happened and what information was taken is downright unethical. To add this incident with the horrible support they have been offering since the 2013 products were released, I have zero faith in this company and their products. It is a shame, because they have a lot of potential.

• The ostrich approach...put your head in the ground and no one can see you...LOL

• Hello,

"My BitDefender" site works perfectly now.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

The reported situation was fixed and now everything is back to normal.

If any of you needs further assistance with MyBitdefender please feel free to post back.

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    Options

Have been waiting to see if whatever changes you were making fixed the "Anti-Theft" part of BD.

As of today, there has been no change; Anti-Theft still does not locate either my home system or my laptop.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Firecapt, we are aware of the Anti-theft issue and we are trying to implement a different localization system.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.