Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Disable Early Launch Anti-malware Protection In W8

Options

The article is about a week old so it could have been posted before. Sorry if it is a double post. From Bleeping Computer

If a driver is classified as malware by Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection because it is malicious or because of a false positive, the driver may not be allowed to load. If this is a necessary driver for Windows to start properly, then we could have a problem where Windows is unable to boot up properly. To protect Windows from a situation like this, Microsoft added a method for you to disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection during a boot so that you can resolve your issues by either updating your virus detections or removing the problematic malware driver. Then the next time you reboot your computer, Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection will automatically start again and continue protecting your computer.

This tutorial will walk you through disabling the Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection so that you can resolve any issues that may be causing Windows to not start properly. To do this please follow these steps to access the Startup Settings screen.

To read the entire article click here.

Comments

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi Nesivos!

Thanks for the great info.

I might add that you should give Bitdefender Rescue Mode a trial run to become acquainted with it and to make certain that it runs correctly.

Rescue Mode boot_s into a Tiny Core Linux environment with Bitdefender's scanner which will help aid in virus removal that can't be achieved while Windows is running.

Charybis

• columbo
    Options

Nice link, Nesivos :)

ONT and Christian have a good thread going here, and my thought is ONT's question #7, in do we disable Windows ELAM as to not conflict with Bitdefenders?

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hi Nesivos!

Thanks for the great info.

I might add that you should give Bitdefender Rescue Mode a trial run to become acquainted with it and to make certain that it runs correctly.

Rescue Mode boot_s into a Tiny Core Linux environment with Bitdefender's scanner which will help aid in virus removal that can't be achieved while Windows is running.

Charybis

I just read how to use it from the instructions on bdantivirus.com - Removing Malware From Your System.

Great stuff. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.