Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does Safepay Browser Saves Cookies, Flash Cookies?

Does Safepay browser saves cookies, flash cookies on my harddrive? Are those cookies deleted securely?

What about Safepay's browsing history?

Comments

• ---------

It is basically a browser with attack surface greatly reduced. Other than the features above (separate desktop, virtual keyboard, print screen interception), here's a handful of them:

- does not load NPAPI plugins (except Flash which is everywhere)

- does not load *any* browser extensions at all

- if the connection is wireless and this is insecure (Open protection) then a VPN connection is dialed to Bitdefender, and for each navigation to an URL, if its domain is a bank, then a route thru the VPN connection is created so the traffic to www.mybank.com will route to Bitdefender VPN, while the normal traffic will use the existing connection as before (the VPN implementation already exists; the routing implementation is about to be released)

- uses separate location for cookies and local storage, which is protected by shield service

Regards,

Cristian

--------------

3. "Is the SafePay browser fully sandboxed?" I suppose the answer depends on what one may consider to be a sandbox.

For example, if you ask questions such as "does Safepay accesses the file system", for example, the answer is "yes, but in a single location for cookies/storage which is defended by self protect".

Regards,

Cristian

Hi indie,

These posts from this thread, may help answer some of your questions.

• Hi indie,

These posts from this thread, may help answer some of your questions.

Thank you for your answer. I've read that thread. Here are my thoughts.

1. Even advanced computer users don't understand the concept of Sandbox.

The sandbox is to protect your computer, registry, system, etc. from malware.

THE SANDOX IS NOT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY. It protects your computer, system, etc. against malware making changes. It does not protect your system from spying. The malicious programs can see your files but cannot make permanent changes in your system.

Why?

The sandbox creates a copy - replica - of the needed files to run any sandboxed program. The malicious code can only work with the COPY of the file. The real file is protected. When you close the sandbox, you erase everything, including malware.

Yes, a human can bypass the sandbox wall and manually move a downloaded file - malicious - to a different , not sandboxed area, location.

Safepay should PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY, otherwise Safepay is not needed.

2. I still did not get an answer about the cookie and history location. I want to see them while using Safepay.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    2. I still did not get an answer about the cookie and history location.

The cookies and local storage of Safepay are kept in a location protected by the self protect feature.

The location is (on Windows 7) C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\OBK\<username.domain-or-computername>

There is no history maintained. Safepay is not intended to be a multisession-oriented browser (open, do the work securely, close) so there is no history maintained.

You have the Favorites entries which you can control and use on the sites you need to work secure.

2. [...] I want to see them while using Safepay.

I'm not sure I get this exactly - do you want to see Cookies (History as I said is not kept) ? If so, what exactly would you like to do with them? Just see them, or perhaps delete/erase etc. ?

Regards,

Cristian Amarie