Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Better Suppress "infected Files"

fa355115
edited January 2013 in Antivirus

Hi there !

Every time I use my computer; or every 2 or 3 days, Bitdefender has a list of 10 to 20 infected files, and I need to suppress them 1 by 1, which is not user friendly ...

bit.jpg

Is there a way I can more rapidly suppress them instead of having to check one by one, then "suppress" ?

Many Thanks !

Comments

• Bitdefender has no such a basic option unfortunately as it is designed as silent security for novice users and children only.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

Hello,

@ fa355115:

The files are cookies and they have already been deleted by Bitdefender. What you see there is the list of events, which showcases a detailed log for each Bitdefender module activity. For instance, you can easily check if the update was successfully performed, if malware was found on your computer etc. Each event comes with the following information: a short description, the action Bitdefender took on it when it happened, and the date and time when it occurred. To help you easily manage logged events, each section of the Events window provides options to delete ("Tout supprimer") or mark as read all ("Marquer lus") events in that section. What you delete there is the history about the action taken by Bitdefender - you don't actually delete the infection from the PC. Bitdefender takes care of that automatically.

You have all the details about cookies here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-ar...-threats-1.html

@ ONT:

We created Bitdefender 2012 & 2013 as silent security solutions because most of our customers requested so. They are designed to place as little burden as possible on the users and on the host system, while providing the ultimate silent security. We are talking here about the internet connected families, not IT people. These are the suites for regular home users.

How do you feel about the Bitdefender Management Server, used by IT administrators? It implements a unified management platform for remote installation, configuration and reporting of all Bitdefender Clients, Server and Gateway products deployed throughout the network. You can give a try to our business solutions and see how you feel about them: http://www.bitdefender.com/business/management-server.html

• Hello,

@ fa355115:

The files are cookies and they have already been deleted by Bitdefender. What you see there is the list of events, which showcases a detailed log for each Bitdefender module activity. For instance, you can easily check if the update was successfully performed, if malware was found on your computer etc. Each event comes with the following information: a short description, the action Bitdefender took on it when it happened, and the date and time when it occurred. To help you easily manage logged events, each section of the Events window provides options to delete ("Tout supprimer") or mark as read all ("Marquer lus") events in that section. What you delete there is the history about the action taken by Bitdefender - you don't actually delete the infection from the PC. Bitdefender takes care of that automatically.

You have all the details about cookies here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-ar...-threats-1.html

@ ONT:

We created Bitdefender 2012 & 2013 as silent security solutions because most of our customers requested so. They are designed to place as little burden as possible on the users and on the host system, while providing the ultimate silent security. We are talking here about the internet connected families, not IT people. These are the suites for regular home users.

How do you feel about the Bitdefender Management Server, used by IT administrators? It implements a unified management platform for remote installation, configuration and reporting of all Bitdefender Clients, Server and Gateway products deployed throughout the network. You can give a try to our business solutions and see how you feel about them: http://www.bitdefender.com/business/management-server.html

This is what I am talking about ... so " Tout supprimer" means in fact deleting the events, and not the cookies which are already desinfected by bitdefender right ?

bit.jpg

• ... To help you easily manage logged events, each section of the Events window provides options to delete ("Tout supprimer") or mark as read all ("Marquer lus") events in that section...
    One more...wise advice (even if it's out of the initial question).

Fortunately, ONT has given the right answer.

...We created Bitdefender 2012 & 2013 as silent security solutions because most of our customers requested so...
    HA...HA...HA

And how did they request it? By phone? Because here, in forum, we see only complaints about BD "Silence".

You know very well that you have ignored all users' requests.

...We are talking here about the internet connected families, not IT people...
    So, for you, there are only those two kinds of users. This is at least ridiculous and a simple look at your competitors products will make you understand what I mean. It's no need to be an IT person (or nuclear scientist) if you just want to know what happens in your system and control it.

Regards

• ...in addition...
    ...You can give a try to our business solutions and see how you feel about them...
    At least you made us laugh :)
  • ...We are talking here about the internet connected families...
    ...and a request for this new "internet connected families" kind of AVs.

Could you please implement some modes like...mama's, papa's, son's, daughter's etc?

:D

Regards

• Well, werby you seem to have something "against" Bitdefendre, but I must admit the answer of Georgia seems correct, and not the one of "ONT.

My question was related to the desinfection "automatic or manual action" of all those cookies found on my system, but reading the message I have on the printscreen I posted (sorry this is in french), it is well telling "le fichier a été désinfecté" (The file was cleanup) ... which lets me think Georgia is right and the "supprimer tout" (suppress everything) button is just about supressing the event ... not the infected file itself as it is already suppressed.

BR

• @ Georgia

I do not see the interview.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=201

And here we see the request to return the advanced settings.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=242

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=324

I heard that the interviews were conducted in the United States and France, but the forum was not any polls.

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    Well, werby you seem to have something "against" Bitdefendre, but I must admit the answer of Georgia seems correct, and not the one of "ONT...
    Hello fa355115,

Actually, I have not only "something" against BD but many more...

I know about "Events" and how it works but I know also that if you want to permanently delete those (infected/disinfected) files you have to perform this one by one and not all together. That's what I(we) thought you've asked for.

As for Georgia's "correct" answer:

Keep in mind that (regardless of what Georgia said) the "Delete" button (at bottom of "Events") deletes the file and is not the same with the "Delete all" (upper right) which deletes only events.

Kindly see bellow image.

Regards

post-24433-1364131269_thumb.jpg

• werby3
    edited March 2013

...in addition

...not the infected file itself as it is already suppressed...
    Files are NOT already suppressed (deleted). They're only disinfected (nobody knows what does it mean cause after disinfection files are useless) but are still there.

If you want to permanently delete those files (not events), you have to do that (one by one) using the "Supprimer" button (at bottom) and I think this, answers to your initial question: "Is there a way I can more rapidly suppress them instead of having to check one by one, then "suppress"?"

Thus the answer is, like ONT mentioned, NO.

Regards

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

@ ONT:

I am on the forum since last many years, but I didn't find most of silence wanted users. :rolleyes: ......may be they are missed from my eyes silently. :)

Regardless of the product type (Home or Business) my main concern is to design the product that can accomplish the requirements of both for Novice Users (who like Silent Security) and also for Advanced Users just like in 2011 version which have user selectable option for Silent Mode. Even the we can disable the notifications to ensure silence behavior.

As you said about internet connected families and IT people, I will reply you via PM when I will be free and not here as I think it would be off-topic. :)

Well, werby you seem to have something "against" Bitdefendre, but I must admit the answer of Georgia seems correct, and not the one of "ONT.

My question was related to the desinfection "automatic or manual action" of all those cookies found on my system, but reading the message I have on the printscreen I posted (sorry this is in french), it is well telling "le fichier a été désinfecté" (The file was cleanup) ... which lets me think Georgia is right and the "supprimer tout" (suppress everything) button is just about supressing the event ... not the infected file itself as it is already suppressed.

BR

Hmmm.....dear friend I mentioned the reason in concise way but I think you need to know more about what I said.......

If you are using any Antivirus for long, then you may know that there are basic options available for taking actions i.e Primary Action and Secondary Action. So when one action failed, the 2nd one can be performed. Also depends on the malware class, following action are possible

1) Rename

2) Unhide

3) Disinfect/Repair/Heal/Suppress

4) Block/Deny

5) Quarantine

6) Delete

But as you can see Bitdefender has no Primary and Secondary Action option available for On-Access or Real Time Protection and other Scan Tasks including AutoScan which are now pre-configured.

Other main concerns related to your issue are

1) There is no discrimination that the infected files are either detected by AutoScan or RTP.

2) AutoScan can't be configured by user.

3) Sometimes even if you select "Take Proper Actions" for automatic actions, even then you may have to select the action manually.

For more information about Take Proper Action option, read the topic here

Sequence Of Actions, Taking Proper Actions

4) No option to Disinfect/Suppress available for RTP and AutoScan Scan Tasks etc.

Bitdefender has a surprising disinfection/delete option, for which I want to know more about how it works here in this topic, but still unanswered

Recover Files Disinfected/deleted By Bitdefender 2013

Another feature already suggested and we are waiting for its implementation

[escalated] Prompt For Action

@werby3: :) .... I agree with you.

• Hi ONT!

I agree with you. The user should have different options.

Regards.

• So to resume, files are well desinfected, and both supress and supress all buttons do suppress .... the events or the infected files ?

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    So to resume, files are well desinfected, and both supress and supress all buttons do suppress .... the events or the infected files ?
    Hello,

"Suprimer" button (at bottom) deletes the file, not the event.

"Tout suprimer" button (upper right) deletes only all the events, not files.

Regards