Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Removal Of Account

Options

I'm an old customer that took a break due to a new PC with another A/V software pre-installed. After reading good news in the press about BD I wanted to give it a shot again. On a "free coupon site" there was an offer for a one-year free license which worked until today. Today BD tells me "invalid license" and nothing works anymore. So I un-installed it but cannot get rid of my online-account, too. Why isn't there an option to remove the account and related information completely? Even worse: When looking through the option I accidentally created another account (I went through the steps to change the email address).

This is the first site I know that does not allow to REMOVE an account. Why? This really scares me away. You are offering security, privacy products but collect information on your website? I was really surprised to see my PC's name and similar things. Why do you need to know? What else did you secretly collect w/o telling the user explicitly?

Seems you have changed your policy since the "good old days"... Sorry BD, but this is the opposite of respecting privacy. I'm out - forever.

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hi slimfast2000, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us.

My colleagues from Customer Service dept. will assist you asap via e-mail - ticket ID 201302251003421

Thank you! :)