Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Internet With Bitdefender Antivirus 2013

Options

I have a 30 MBPS down / 3 MBPS up Fiber Optic Connection

I have been getting a lot of slow downs for the past 6 months in my internet. Not downloading, only browsing websites. When I enter the URL , before I actually start seeing the page start to load there isl ike a 3 to 5 second delay as if the browser was busy doing something then it would start to load the page.

I tried many tweaks and formatted my laptop many times to solve the issue but no luck.

It seems it was Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 causing this because when I installed Eset's NOD32 Antivirus this time, my browsing became very fast and snappy!

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit SP1 with the latest updates and freshly formatted system and the built in Windows Firewall.

For now I have stopped using my 5 year Bitdefender license until a major upgrade happens to fix this. I am very disappointed and wish I didn't buy so many years of my license valid for 5 PCs

Comments

• I am also having the same problem, and anti-virus programs still blocks my number.

I have a topic here in this area, and not even bothered to respond. The support of this anti-virus is horrible.

Sincerely regretted having bought a license. I do not recommend anyone to download or pirate

• gizbug
    Options

When will this company address and fix this issue?

• Tech Support is awful, my bit defender always goes back to user mode, it turns off by itself, i also found that it not only slows down my internet browser but blocks churches´s websites without reason, and rignt now my computer slows down without reason, after cleaning a trojan i got cause bit defender was off, and since feb 15th i cant get tech support to help me, i had been following their commands until 6 days ago that they ran out of things for me to do and decided to ignore all my emails, it seems a lot of ppl has issues with tech support.

• werby3
    Options
    ...blocks churches´s websites...
    Hi,

BD products have the devil inside...but if you read some posts here(forum) or here, about proper installation/uninstallation, you'll probably beat him.

Regards

• Hi,

BD products have the devil inside...but if you read some posts here(forum) or here, about proper installation/uninstallation, you'll probably beat him.

Regards

Sure, i followed your link and got....thousands pages to read, perhaps better an exorcism? Or tell bit defender that not all churches are evil.

Still waiting for tech support, amazing already 9 days without news for an issue i reported for first time in feb. 15th.

They should be ashamed of call themselves tech support.

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ...Still waiting for tech support, amazing already 9 days without news...
    This is an old unresolved issue...thus you have to follow (your) plan B, "exorcism".

If this won't work, you should go to (my) plan C:

Uninstall BitDefender using the proper tool (for BD Win 8 use its own "uninstall" shortcut).

Run (again) the proper uninstallation tool(s) for your previous antivirus/firewall app(s).

Then use "CCleaner" (it's free) on Registry mode to clean the registry.

Restart and set Windows Defender and Windows Firewall ON (if not so).

Then update Windows with the latest updates and restart.

Finally, install again BD using offline installer, with no internet connection.

Then connect to internet for activation, update BD aaand restart.

If, after all (piece of cake) above steps, there is no result, you have to wait for plan D : may God (BDsupport) help you...

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello,

@ MarthaMenacho :

@ berryracer :

Please post here your ticket ID's. I can't find them in the system.

@ CesarA :

Your original post does not refer to browsing slowdown. Please check your post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=42327 and reply there. I did not receive any message from you until now.

@ gizbug :

If you run multiple security solutions with real-time protection as you mentioned in your first post here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=179106 , then it could cause browsing and system slowdown. Please remove all other security solutions.

Looking forward to hearing from you all. :)

• My ticket is 2013021410001873 and yeah is a long story and i didnt post all of it here, support stopped answering my emails 11 days ago. Norton Online Back up is not an antivirus and it was not running anyway. And i removed it. Still not hearing from support and still having the same problem. Lets hope you can help me.

Hello,

@ MarthaMenacho :

@ berryracer :

Please post here your ticket ID's. I can't find them in the system.

@ CesarA :

Your original post does not refer to browsing slowdown. Please check your post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=42327 and reply there. I did not receive any message from you until now.

@ gizbug :

If you run multiple security solutions with real-time protection as you mentioned in your first post here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=179106 , then it could cause browsing and system slowdown. Please remove all other security solutions.

Looking forward to hearing from you all. :)

• The exorcism didnt help, so I tried a slight variation of your plan C.

Norton Online Back up is not an antivirus or firewall app but i still uninstalled it with Revo Forced Uninstalling, ran the CCleaner, checked for windows updates even if they are on automatic and did the repair with bit defender.

I didnt want to risk to uninstall bit defender, i only have 26 days left of my license, im still wandering if they are waiting for it to be over to dont have to address my problem, i had about 55 days when i asked for help for first time.

BTW still having issues.

[sighs]

This is an old unresolved issue...thus you have to follow (your) plan B, "exorcism".

If this won't work, you should go to (my) plan C:

Uninstall BitDefender using the proper tool (for BD Win 8 use its own "uninstall" shortcut).

Run (again) the proper uninstallation tool(s) for your previous antivirus/firewall app(s).

Then use "CCleaner" (it's free) on Registry mode to clean the registry.

Restart and set Windows Defender and Windows Firewall ON (if not so).

Then update Windows with the latest updates and restart.

Finally, install again BD using offline installer, with no internet connection.

Then connect to internet for activation, update BD aaand restart.

If, after all (piece of cake) above steps, there is no result, you have to wait for plan D : may God (BDsupport) help you...

Regards

• werby3
    Options
    ...I tried a slight variation of your plan C...
    Devil loves variations... :)
  • Nedim
    Options
    When will this company address and fix this issue?

In the next version.......hopefully

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@ MarthaMenacho :

I've found your ticket ID and I will get back to you with a solution today, by e-mail.

• thank you, looking forward to hear from you,

Hello,

@ MarthaMenacho :

I've found your ticket ID and I will get back to you with a solution today, by e-mail.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Martha,

I see that your ticket ID 2013021410001873 was on the Spanish queue. I don't speak Spanish, therefore I will assist you in English from now on, if that's okay with you. You have my entire attention to solve the issues encountered with the Bitdefender product in a timely manner. :)

Looking forward to your reply via ticket ID 2013021410001873!