Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2013 Lock Programs Liveupdate

Options

Hi all.

I had a couple of question about Bitdefender Total Security 2013

I use a program from Samsung that automatically (or manually, if needed) check if there is new firmware for my DVD recorder.

Using it, it gives me "Unknown server error or network error". It instead will function disabling "Check HTTP traffic" under AV settings. Is it possible to insert exceptions to HTTP traffic check, as I saw searching in web, for business version of Bitdefender ?

Another thing I want ask you, is if it's possible to set AV to ask me everytime it found an infected item, what to do with it, instead to automatically delete ?

Everytime AV found a false positive it delete the file without warnings.

Thanks very much and have a good day

Greetings, killex

Comments

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello killex and welcome,

1. You may go to Settings/Antivirus/Exclusion/Exclusion processes and add Samsung app (.exe) checking "Allow". This may (or not) fix the connection.

2. On main window set BD to "User mode". Go to Settings/Antivirus/Shield/Modify and on "Action" tab check "Move files to quarantine" or "Deny access".

This is only for "On-access scanning" protection (when you or system try to access an infected file you'll be prompted).

When "Autoscan" finds an infected (or false positive) file, "for your own sake", BD disinfects or deletes this file without any prompt because, as an older Christian's (from BD support) reply mentions, users should not be panicked from these kind of alerts while BD silently takes care of everything thus, you can have a nice and peacefully sleep with sweet dreams.

Of course, when you wake up, you see or better don't see your files and then what? Instead of taking your pills, you can go to Antivirus "Events", look for your lost files and if you are lucky enough you can recover it (checking it and pushing "Recover" button, if appears). But you'll see that many times you'll not be so lucky.

This is only a part of the huge benefit of BD silent protection for "internet connected families" (new term for this product from BD support new member Georgia). If you're patient enough you're going to meet the rest.

@BD support: We have another one happy and grateful user in our silent world :wub:

P S : There are many complaints for all this mess but...guess what... :ph34r:

Regards