Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstall Tool Isn't Working

Options

i tried to uninstall free edition(2013) via control panel, it gave me a fail message then told me i needed to reboot to finish, i reboot and security center still tells me bitdefender free edition is still protecting my pc. i searched your forums, saw that people mentioned the uninstall tool, so i downloaded it and ran it, security center still shows my pc is protected by BF. ccleaner didn't help.

i reinstalled BF free edition and tried to uninstall again, same scenario. i've tried every solution people have posted in the forum related to 'uninstall', nothing is working.

unistalling is removing the directiry, desktop icon, etc, yet security center still sees it protecting pc.

i manually went through registry and searched and removed anything "bitdefender" and "gonzales"....security center still shows bit defender free edition is protecting pc

1. uninstall via control panel doesn't work

2. BD uninstall tool doesn't work

3. ???

the pc in question is running xp sp3

Comments

• RESOLVED!

After assuring myself that BD did actually completely uninstall, I looked into the windows side of why Security Center would still be falsely reporting that BD was still protecting my pc.

I'm not sure if the BD uninstall isn't updating this folder or if there's a glitch with XP, but this will resolve the problem of Security Center from falsely reporting that BD is still active:

1) Right-click on My Computer

2) Click on Manage

3) Click on the plus sign(+) next to Services and Applications in the left-hand column

4) Click on Services

5) Find the service called Windows Management Instrumentation, right-click on it, and choose Stop.

6) Open My Computer

7) Double-click on Drive C (or whatever drive Windows is installed on)

8) Double-click on the Windows folder

9) Double-click on System32

10) Double-click on WBEM

11) Right-click on the Repository folder and click Delete and remove it

12) Close the My Computer windows and return to the Windows services screen using steps 1 - 4 shown above

13) Find the service called Windows Management Instrumentation, right-click on it, and choose Start. Restarting this service will rebuild the repository folder information.

14) Restart your computer

Once the computer has restarted, open Windows Security Center or run Belarc Advisor. Only your currently installed antivirus and firewall programs should be listed.

Written by Mark Hasting

SOURCE: http://www.pchell.com/support/multiple_ant...ty_center.shtml

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Please make sure you run the corresponding removal tool for Bitdefender Free Edition. This one:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installtool.exe

Access the link and when the window with the Bitdefender file appears, please choose the 'Save' option. Save the tool on the PC, run it and restart the computer when prompted. It may take a few minutes to complete this process.

Also, if the issue persists please run this tool in Safe Mode.

[how to start your PC in SAFE MODE ]

I. Restart your computer.

II. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a menu.

III. When you have the black menu on the screen select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.

IV Press Enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Let me know how is everything going.