Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Locked Out Of Laptop By Antitheft

Options

Hello, my ticket ID is 201305051005513.

This issue has been escalated to the 2nd level of support twice but I URGENTLY need to use my laptop which is why I am posting on here.

I'm sure you'll be able to see from my ticket what has happened, but I'll give you a brief rundown.

I bought Bitdefender Total Security 2 days ago, and decided to try out the anti theft feature, assuming I would be able to cancel it simply by entering the password. Unfortunately I found myself locked out of my laptop and unable to type the PIN using both my laptop's keyboard and a USB keyboard.

I contacted Bitdefender and after escalating the issue to the 2nd level of support, I received a reply with a workaround (which I won't post here for obvious reasons). After following the instructions in the workaround I found myself in Bitdefender Rescue Mode. From here, I was supposed to delete a file, which is where I encountered a problem.

My hard drive and none of my files were showing up in Rescue Mode. I was told to look for an icon at the bottom of the screen which would acces the C drive, but no such icon exists for me. According to another thread on this forum this is because the hard drive partitions were not mounted. I followed the steps to mount them manually, which didn't work. So now I am completely stuck.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio SVS1513C5E running Windows 8 (I think 64bit, but as it's new I'm not sure.) Its hard drive is an SSD.

Please, if any moderator could help me, I'd be eternally grateful. I really do need to urgently use my laptop, so waiting another day for technical support to get back to me isn't an option.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi bridgie,

I've already sent you the necessary instructions via e-mail.

As you confirmed with me yesterday that everything is back to normal, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.