Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malware Symbos.yxe.a Keeps Appearing In Temp

Options

Hi there,

I suspect I'm having a malware infection. I installed BIS 2013 on my relatively new Windows 8 desktop machine about a week ago. The machine was guarded by Windows' default Defender and only lightly used (so little chance of getting infected beforehand). I did a full scan and found nothing interesting (except for some very old malware in an email archive that hasn't been touched for a long time; they were deleted instantly). Since then I am getting a malware warning exactly once a day every afternoon at about from 5 to 10pm. The malware is called SymbOS.Yxe.A and always appears in C:\User\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp. The problem is that the said file would be gone when I checked, and BD said it couldn't clean the file. And the malware wasn't in quarantine either. I guess it was created by some suspicious process and deleted instantly. The machine is only lightly used for a few minutes a day, and never used to browse dangerous websites. The malware appears exactly once a day, even when I was not using the machine.

So how can I find out the culprit process? How to figure out which process created that file? I don't have a Symbian phone nor any Symbian related software on my Windows; and I don't know why I'm getting a SymbOS malware.

Or maybe it was a false positive?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.